Camcorder or not

buddysmom

HI, we are leaving on sat 11/10 :D for our sun 11/11 cruise to the Bahamas on Carnival Sensation:D .We are 1st time cruisers and have never been to any island.I'm planning on bringing 2 water cameras and 3 disposable cameras and my digital camera.I LOVE PICTURES:)So my question is should I bring my camcorder?It sounds like a good idea but I'm not too sure.

Thanks Jess

p.s. sooooooooooo excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't have a camcorder for my first cruise but I have one now and I plan on bringing it along with my digital camera and underwater cameras!:D

Someone please remind me.. do we put undeveloped film in our checked luggage or carryon so it doesn't get ruined from the xrays? I can't for the life of me even remember

We took ours and used it to video us leaving...arriving at islands, leaving again, going down the water slide etc, etc. Didn't take it on excursions because I didn't want it stolen/lost/broken but we did use it quite a bit on the ship.

If you have room...bring it!

I've taken my camcorder on two cruises. The first cruise I used it a few times. Not really that much. I took a ton of pictures. The second time I didn't use it at all. In my opinion, the pictures were better. The camcorder was just a pain to carry around with everything else.

HI, we are leaving on sat 11/10 :D for our sun 11/11 cruise to the Bahamas on Carnival Sensation:D .We are 1st time cruisers and have never been to any island.I'm planning on bringing 2 water cameras and 3 disposable cameras and my digital camera.I LOVE PICTURES:)So my question is should I bring my camcorder?It sounds like a good idea but I'm not too sure.

Thanks Jess

By all means bring it.:)Another item you will really find VERY useful, is a foldable tripod. Have a nice cruise.:)

Film (exposed or unexposed) needs to go in your carry-on....the checked luggage goes through a much stronger x-ray machine.

If your film is 800 speed or higher, though, do not send it through the "carry on" x ray machine. Ask one of the TSA folks to do a hand inspection.

Film (exposed or unexposed) needs to go in your carry-on....the checked luggage goes through a much stronger x-ray machine.

If your film is 800 speed or higher, though, do not send it through the "carry on" x ray machine. Ask one of the TSA folks to do a hand inspection.

This includes the disposable camera's right??

I've taken our dvd camcorder on all of our cruises, it's so nice to be able to sit back and watch video of all of the different places we've been, video we took on the ship, great memories!:) Also helps me get through pcd until our next cruise. We've taken anywhere from 4-6 hours of video plus lots of pics take it you won't regret it!

I'm going to lug mine again this time on the Elation and try to make a video like the Gatorclaw ones, his videos are the best.

Valor: http://www.gatorclaw.com/voyageofvalor.html

Destiny: http://www.gatorclaw.com/sevendays.html

Liberty: http://www.gatorclaw.com/liberty.html

Conquest: http://www.gatorclaw.com/conquest

Fred

I'm going to lug mine again this time on the Elation and try to make a video like the Gatorclaw ones, his videos are the best.

Valor: http://www.gatorclaw.com/voyageofvalor.html

Destiny: http://www.gatorclaw.com/sevendays.html

Liberty: http://www.gatorclaw.com/liberty.html

Conquest: http://www.gatorclaw.com/conquest

Fred

He's awesome, I've thought of sending him ours and letting him do one for us, wonder if he still does that?:confused:

I got a mini DV camcorder last Christmas. Couldn't wait to use it on the next 2 cruises. The problem I found was that I barely took any photos when I had the camcorder on the cruise. Since I like having photos for my cruise albumns I may leave the camcorder home this trip.....

We didn't take the camcorder on the first cruise and regret it. Every other cruise, we've taken more and more video. At first, we were timid about taking these until we got home and viewed them.

Now we take more video each cruise and edit with photos to a DVD. I have to admit that I watch them at least once a month and more as we get closer to our next.:)

I don't think you'll never regret bringing the camcorder but you might if you don't.

Well my mom took a small camcorder on her first cruise (2003) and although it was nice to have it still felt a little bulky. So for our cruise we took this year, we purchased disposable camcorders from Rite Aid Pharmacy. They were great! It was compact enough to fit in your pocket it you wanted to. Each camcorder holds 20 minutes worth of video so I purchased about 3 which gave me an hour. You take them back to the store when you are done and they put it on a DVD for you. I am not sure how alot of people would feel about them but it was the best thing invented, IMO. The pictures turned out beautiful and the sound was clear. I still sit back a laugh at some of the scene. Or I cry because I want to be back on the ship:D :D .

Well my mom took a small camcorder on her first cruise (2003) and although it was nice to have it still felt a little bulky. So for our cruise we took this year, we purchased disposable camcorders from Rite Aid Pharmacy. They were great! It was compact enough to fit in your pocket it you wanted to. Each camcorder holds 20 minutes worth of video so I purchased about 3 which gave me an hour. You take them back to the store when you are done and they put it on a DVD for you. I am not sure how alot of people would feel about them but it was the best thing invented, IMO. The pictures turned out beautiful and the sound was clear. I still sit back a laugh at some of the scene. Or I cry because I want to be back on the ship:D :D .

I've never heard of such a thing. Do I live under a rock or what? :p What a neat invention!

Thanks Jess

I thought about taking one but I just did want to have to lug the thing around all week long will use the video feature on my digital camera.

If i were you, I'd forget the disposable cameras and purchase a digital camera, use the video feature and if planning on snorkeling, buy an underwater housing. You'll have much better pics and won't have to lug around a video camera. I've videoed many vacations, hardly have watched them but look at pics more often. We took both on the last cruise, took 1400 + pics and about 20 minutes of camcorder video but about 20 video clips on the digital camera.

Kim

This includes the disposable camera's right??

Yep, anything with film needs to go in the carry on. And double check the disposable cameras. I know I've had quite a few that have had 800 speed film inside so they would need to have a hand inspection.

Archived