Credit cards in the Bahamas?

buddysmom

Hi,we are going to the Bahamas in 1 week on the Carnival Sensation.We arent booking excursions with the ship,we plan to go out on our own.I bought Bahamas for dummies and cruising for dummies!!!And I'm obsessed with this site,so I think we will be okay.We are going to Freeport and Nassaw(spelling..oops)anyway.I was wondering if anyone knew if we could use credit cards @ the beachy areas?I have been reading that there are many activities that we can do around beaches.

Hope this makes sense:)

Thanks a bunch~Jess

I can answer for Freeport. We were in Freeport last week on the Glory. At Lucaya beach, a bunch of us went to the Prop Club - restaurant and bar on the beach - and I used my Visa there to pay. I think most of the actual shops (not straw market vendors) do accept credit cards.

Hi,we are going to the Bahamas in 1 week on the Carnival Sensation.We arent booking excursions with the ship,we plan to go out on our own.I bought Bahamas for dummies and cruising for dummies!!!And I'm obsessed with this site,so I think we will be okay.We are going to Freeport and Nassaw(spelling..oops)anyway.I was wondering if anyone knew if we could use credit cards @ the beachy areas?I have been reading that there are many activities that we can do around beaches.

Hope this makes sense:)

Thanks a bunch~Jess

Depends on where you go.. If you are using a hotel beach and want food and drinks. then yes, If you go to a public beach and want a soda/drink/Lounge rental from a local vendor, then no.

Jetskis/parasailing are cash only.

If you have something specific in mind.. let us know..

I was thinking parasailing!Ohh well,we are planning on carring cash as well as cards.Does anyone know how much a cab would be from freeport to Lacaya and the amount of time?This is the area where we want to find activites.We are there from 8-5 but from what i'm hearing getting off the ship can be a project(long lines).

Thanks

Archived