Anyone recently off the Golden Mexican Riviera

marial

Hi Marial:

We are booked on Golden Princess Mexican Riviera Dec.1/2007.

I have the Princess adventures ashore book in my hand as we speak. The Puerto Vallarta Beach Break is still available but it does not give the name of the resort. It just says a short 20 minute transfer to a leading all Inclusive Hotel. Have you been to this beach resort yourself and is it Nice?

Sorry couldn't help more.

klash1

Hi there

Yes, I know the excursion is still available, but just was not sure if they still go to the same resort. Thank you for the reply though!

My daughter really enjoyed this resort 2 years ago, really liked the water slides, so that is one reason why I wanted to see if it is still at the same location. The other reason is we just found out friends will be staying there that week, and my hustband is hoping to get in some tennis time while we swim.

I called Princess who said they do not release that info until a couple days before sailing, called the resort, got transferred to a different dept, who then gave me another number to call, which was the Mexican Dept of Tourism, so I thought I would give it one more try on the boards..

We just returned from the Golden Mexico cruise and booked their tour

for the break break. I believe the name was Dreams...it was a very nice

seculed clean beach, that had lounge chairs around a small table and

covered with a thatch umbrella. They had a beach bbq or you could eat

at the international cafe which had seating outside and indoors. They also

had a very nice pool and of course all the drinks (including liquor) was

included the the cost. I believe we paid 69.50 pp. We had an enjoyable

time and would do it again. If you have any questions. I'll be glad to

answer them for you if I can.

Have a great cruise....we did!

Ann

why not just take a cab yourself,...jump in the pool or the beach, , especially w/ friends there no one will say a thing,.whenever we go to these ports we look on line to read about a few nice hotels before we go, , we find a bar in the hotel near the beach go look at some shops on the main street, check out a few bars, and have fun,..but I guess if you want an all inclusive, why not? all the excursions are sort of a rip off we think but its part of the fun for alot of people, so, have a good fun safe trip!

Ya, I checked with the resort directly if they offered day passes,and they said they do not. I do not really care about the all inclusive part, I really just wanted to get to the same resort as my daughter enjoyed it so much. Not sure if we would be able to walk into a resort's pool off the street. We have dont that in Cabo at the Catina, and just had some beers, etc on the beach..but never in Mazatlan or PV..Thanks!

Just got off the Golden yesterday (1-3-07). Had a FABULOUS time!!! I will be doing a detailed review of my cruise in a week (or so) with links to photos. So keep an eye on my signature link (below) to it.

BTW...to read what others who were on our roll call and their thoughts on the cruise are...go below to read what we all are posting about our cruise:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=522125&page=10

Read from the bottom of the page up to see the most recent post

Archived