Funnel cups...

alb1956

The bartender on the Liberty also wouldn't give me any drink I wanted in the funnel cup. I ordered a mango something. Yep, you're gonna pay for the little plastic souvenir. More than I ever paid for a drink in the hurricane "glass" and it holds less.

The bartender on the Liberty also wouldn't give me any drink I wanted in the funnel cup. I ordered a mango something. Yep, you're gonna pay for the little plastic souvenir. More than I ever paid for a drink in the hurricane "glass" and it holds less.

My brother ordered the funnel cup on the first sea day and was able to get it filled with just beer. I tried to order one from the bartender towards the end of the week, and I was told frozen drinks or the DOD only. Not sure how my brother got the beer in it, except maybe it was cheaper than the alternatives.

My brother ordered the funnel cup on the first sea day and was able to get it filled with just beer. I tried to order one from the bartender towards the end of the week, and I was told frozen drinks or the DOD only. Not sure how my brother got the beer in it, except maybe it was cheaper than the alternatives.

I just went up to the pool bar and asked the bartender if they had them for sale. She sold me one with no hesitation and it was only a little over $2.00. I was very pleasantly surprised. I had bought it as a coming-home gift for Stephanie. I got her husband a liter of Glenlivet. I know.. I know... .there's something a little not-right about that. When I finally get Stephie drank, then I'll buy her a liter of booze on my next cruise.... oops, she'll be there with us on S and S 4. Yay!

I just went up to the pool bar and asked the bartender if they had them for sale. She sold me one with no hesitation and it was only a little over $2.00. I was very pleasantly surprised. I had bought it as a coming-home gift for Stephanie. I got her husband a liter of Glenlivet. I know.. I know... .there's something a little not-right about that. When I finally get Stephie drank' date=' then I'll buy [i']her [/i]a liter of booze on my next cruise.... oops, she'll be there with us on S and S 4. Yay!

I wanted two to bring home for each grandkid. I asked if I could just purchase the glass and was told it was $11 with or without a drink.

I wanted two to bring home for each grandkid. I asked if I could just purchase the glass and was told it was $11 with or without a drink.

I just checked my receipts and my total was $2.88, which would make it $2.50 plus 15% bar gratuity.

I guess it's just the luck of the draw as to which bartender you ask....or maybe the woman bartender wanted my body. :cool:

I just tested out the funnel vs. Hurricane on how much it holds. I filled the hurricane glass to the rim, even without ice, and the complete contents went into the funnel cup with a lot of room to spare. Therefore, the new funnel cups hold more than the hurricanes. It is one of those cases of it being an optical illusion. It looked like there was room for at least 1/3 more drink after I poured the complete contents of the hurricane into the funnel.

Archived