single parent W twin 13 y olds

LdyDDS2

I don't think any of the main lines will present any problems for you and your twins, Homeland security has some regs that say you have to travel with a letter signed by the other parent in front of a notary, they will need their original birth cert or a certified copy with a raised seal. On all the ships,there will be teen clubs of the twins (at 13) and they will probably make some good friends quickly. Of course, the newer larger ships will offer more activities for all of you but even the oldest ship out there will be a lot of fun if this will be your first cruise. There will be some single adult activities that you can join in IF you desire. Have fun...

I have traveled solo many times and have never gone to the singles events so can't speak to the number that are onboard and attend these gatherings.

I will say that I have not met many single Dads on cruises. I have met more single moms. I think more women enjoy cruising- at least they are the ones to instigate it and as a consequence you see more couples or single women.

However, I love cruising just because the kids are happy and there is loads to do. You can relax in the spa and unwind also. It is the best form of travel with kids- in my opinion.

I have done all the cruise lines and Cunard is my absolute favorite. The QM2 has the best spa I have ever been to on land or sea.

And P.S: I have had some interesting experinences with crew members but I am not going to kiss and tell!

I've done a bunch of different vacations as a single mom, and cruising is by far the most social way to travel. I don't think they're great as far as meeting single men whether you're a parent or not, but it's very easy to meet lots of people. You can be seated at large tables at meals, you can go to any of the organized games and teams are always looking for one more player; go on tours, etc. I'm a very shy person, but by the end of a cruise, there are tons of people I've spent time with who will wave me over to join them.

My mom took my sister and I on cruises when she was a single mom, so I also know that as a teenager, it's a great way to go.

Have a great time.

Best,

Mia

Archived