Freedom 1-27-08 Lady is looking

freedom#1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Brad, We're departing from Miami..Sailing to San Juan, St Martin and St Thomas. My first time to these ports and looking foward to the cruise. Love this ship...Leaving the family at home this time this time. Girlfriends only...ohhh...hhooo.I try to cruise yearly...I'm addicted I think. Very much looking foward to leaving the snow behind!!!

What about you? How many cruises have you been on?? I think in term of ships...I like freedom of the seas the most so far. Loved my Alaskian cruise several years ago.

Well I've got to get ready for work.

Take care...Jen :)

Hi Jen

Where are you from?

Yes i too am lookin forward to leaving the snow as well......

I have done the eastern caribbean which it sounds like you are doing....went with carnival cruise lines......San Juan....St Thomas, St. Maarten...was 3 years ago.....and enjoyed it.......the ship was rockin it was american spring break and there was also a group of singles on board....carnival did live up to the name of "the party ship" I went to alaska as well when i was grade 8 with my dad.......it was a great bonding experience and would say it was a turning point i would say in my life.

My buddy and i are goin on this cruise he has never been anywhere and is from a small town near owen sound and grew up in the country.....he is very shy and sheltered...it took alot for me to get him to go.......but i am very happy that im goin to get to experience his first trip anywhere........we are are both single ......so it is no worries......other than the people on board thinkin we are....aw....you know.....LOL....which we are far from it.......

Hi Brad, I have the day off today...Finished shopping and now wrapping is complete. I'm from Rhode Island..Northeastern US. How about you?? I'm addicted to cruising...Must go every year. It's my mothers fault for taking me on my first cruise for my graduation from college...1999. Late bloomer. I will explore the earth until my legs can no longer move...then I'll get a wheelchair and have someone push me..lol. I am going with my best friend...who is married. She has a crazy family life with more stress than the average person...So (after begging, and manipulation) she finelly aggreed to go. One of our other friends just decided to jump on board with us. So we're pretty excited. This is my 5th cruise, other friends 2nd and 3rd cruises. What a good friend you are to get you friend to broaden his horizon. I'm sure he too will become an addict. Yes..sounds like we have flipped sides of the carribean...Too bad. I'm looking for some fun people to party...dance and have fun with. When do you leave?? Any tips on St Martin, Thomas and San Juan?? Which islands are you going to and have you been to them in the past??

Good talking with you..

Take care....Jennifer:)

Hi Jennifer,

Sorry for the delay.......and a belated Merry christmas to you. This is the craziest time of year i think......LOL....

Our stop in san juan was a short one i think we arrived at 6 pm and left at 10 or 11pm. We took a bus tour of the city and a quick tour of the fort then walked around the streets to hit some shops. http://welcome.topuertorico.org/city/sanjuan.shtml

The quick tour in the small bus was good for a quick history of the place but it also gave us an idea of where we wanted to stop and shop when we got back.

St Thomas we took a tour in a old small bus up the hills and learn much of the island and they stopped a few times at place on the way up but the view from the top of the hills are breath taking and the lunch at a spot on the top of the hills was good as well. If i recall when you get off the boat there are many little spots set up by the locals to get things.

http://cruises.about.com/cs/caribbeanports/a/stthomas.htm

St Martin we went to a beach and hung out there all day. There was a bus to take you from the boat to the beach. There many little huts set up to grab drinks but the water was warm and crystal clear. the beach was clear and the sand was nice. got a good tan and a good buzz.......LOL.....which was easy in the heat kinda snuck up on me really...LOL.

http://www.st-maarten.com/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=44

Didnt really do anything exciting such as snorkling but there are lots of places around to rent stuff to do. But i would say we enjoyed our selves and in talking to the people that were around learned main little things.

Hi Brad...Thanks for the tips on the islands. Thanks for the links too. I've been reading them...You are leaving soon huh? Which ports are you doing?? Any excursions planned yet?? Not sure if I already told you but we're renting a jeep on St Martin....orient beach here we come...lol. We're looking to drive around the island at our own pace...I'll be driving that day so no frozen drinks for me. :eek: In St Thomas where going to shop and go up to Paradise Point for a frozen one. San Juan probably shop...and see a Fort or 2. My Christmas tree is already down...luggage on my couch ready to be packed...1 27 08 cannot come soon enough...

Talk soon ;)

Jennifer

Hi Jennifer

We are hitting cozemal, grand cayman, ocho rios, and bahamas leaving from ft. lauerdale

Sounds like a great idea you have with renting the car i hear it is cheap too I heard you have to be very careful thou when driving cause there arent many rules on the road.

We havent booked anything we are thinkin we will just wing it. and maybe grab something when there. Any advise that you would like to share would be great.

Sure am glad the christmas thing is over it is way too stressful....LOL...

Hope all is well with you and you havent changed your mind too many times as to what you are taking.......LOL.....

Hello Brad..Hope all is well with you. So you guys are going to Cozamel, Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios, and Bahamas?

**I went to Jamacia last sept...Beautiful from a distance...I got off the ship, alone as mom and dtr did not want to... and when I got onto the bus and planned to go shopping...I did not want to get off the bus. :eek: SCARED!! A lot of extremely poor people. I gave the bus driver $25.00 to get me back to the ship SAFELY!!!! Let me tell you. I am pretty hardy person... as I'm a homecare therapist. I see all kinds...rich, poor, funny, weird and even scary patients...however I was a pretty female who wanted to blend in with other shipmates however when I saw how destittute these people were made me feel vulnerable. Maybe if I had a strong man next to me I would have felt different....You'll may not see,feels this way at all. Being a make. Defineately book through the cruiseline for any excursions for this port. Many people have been taken advantage of. Dunns River Falls is a good excursion.

**Grand Cayman. Although very flat and unappealing..is a fun port..I've been 2x...Good place to shop...cheap. back in 2005 went with my best friend...I was after a bad hurricane. We got into a taxi and asked them to bring us to a resort that allows tourist to beach for the day. I want to say the Hyatt...We spent the day first jet sking and then beach bums drinking banana mudslides. Drank 3 each and boy were they yummy. good day...Best day of our cruise. Also hit Costa Maya (new port) during that one and this new...small...is less built up...less commerial. Beautiful beautiful island.LOVED IT!!!

**Cozmel I went swimming with the dolphins...not sure if the place is still there since last hurrican. That was fanominal exerience. The ruins where wonderful as well. So there you go...hope i've enlightened you a bit...

We just had a couple more friends jump onboard with us. so rather that 2 there is 4 of us...wowowowhohohoo...We are gonna have a BLAST. Getting very exited. 3 weeks from today.

Thanks for the heads up on driving in St Martin...I will take it slow. If I feel uncomfortable i'll not rent it. At least it's the US virgin islands and not Mexico...talk about crazy drivers...

hope to chat soon...Jen ;)

not sure if you already have booked the car but i have sent you a link or 2 and as so a link on things to do

thanks for the heads up in regards to jamaica

http://www.empressrentacar.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=15&Itemid=31 car rental link

http://www.st-martin-vacation.com/CarRental.html car rental link

http://www.sint-maarten.net/ activities

if you like or use msn you can catch me at sharkpen at hotmail.com

wow..a lot of type o's last note. I have to document on laptop after each patient I see so I hate typing...Not all that good at typing either....lol.

Thanks for the links...I'll check them out.:p

Talk soon

Jen

What does sharkpen stand for??

• 2 weeks later...

Archived