Magic 11/17-24 07

tinkerbell333

Can someone tell me if rooms 2560,62 are good rooms? Also, where should we go at Key West, Cozumel, and Grand Cayman? We have all grown children (ages 17 - 27) with us. What can we do that doesn't cost a lot of money? Also, what is the average temperature at this time of year? Should we take all summer clothes? I am new to this board, what are the "other boards" being mentioned?

here is a short report I found on it.

Deck: 2Category: 9Location: Mid Sail Date: 08/19/07 Notes: Close to elevators/stairs, but no traffic noise. Did hear stabilizers, but not enough to wake us. Plenty of storage for our party of 3. Starboard side has views of loading/unloading at PC. Very little motion under full sail

The day time weahter should be around the 80 degree at all your ports but the mornigns and evenings can be a little chilly. I would bring one light weight jacket or sweatshirt and long pants for those times.

Key West, you can walk to any attraction accept water excursion really easy. The farthest thing is the southern most point marker and it is around a mile walk. Most things there are pretty cheap admission. we enjoyed the Pirate museum, shipwreck museum, aquarium and shops all 5 minutes from the port area. after you get off the dock sidwalk just head to the left, most everyone will do the same and you will see lots of stuff.

there is a tourist info center right there too and they can give you maps and direct you to places. go to www.keywest.com and go to tourism for some ideas of what is there. if you click on the sites for the attractions many will have coupons you can print off and save $$ on entrance fess too.

Grand caymen we didnt care for, we did a city tour I think, we saw the gingerbread and governors houses which were 2 old shacks we stopped along side the road and looke out the window at, then we saw Hell which was interesting and theyhad a little post office there so you can send apost card which is post makred from Hell, so it was cute. zjust take addresses withyou so you can buy and fill out cards there. Turtle farm was new but just ome big onds with turtles swimming around, you do get to hold a turtle. The rum cake factory is anice gift shop with free samples, the factory is a small window to look in with a stand mixer, oven and sink and small counter top, smaller than most home kitchens. that was it.

I have heard they have nice beaches and it is easy to grab a taxi to take you there and back. shopping is right at the pier so you can walk to do that if you want.

Cozumel was very pretty. the excursions where you drive 2 wheelers around are quite nice and fun. not sure about the price. Plenty of shopping right at the end of the pier too.

we did the jungle hike and it was fun.

our family did the mayan horse back riding and said it was an awesome excursion. we have also done the Tulum mayan ruins, they are awesome.

one tip at key west, the gift shops right at the pier are the most expensive, so walk past them and go 2 blocks for good prices.

there is a conch train ride that is cheap and will take you around key west to show you where the sites are but you wont be able to get off the train, it just shows you what is there and gives you a little history.

Key west you will stay late so get back off the ship for the sunset party at mallory square. They have jugglers, live music, people on stilts, all kinds of fun things as you watch a beautiful sunset.

dcl's web site will list excursions they have, you can do about any of them yourself and save money by just taking a cab to the place you want to go, but watch your time because if you run late getting back the ship will NOT wait for you.

we have seen people left before.

As you are getting off the ship, I will be getting on!!

for other boards you must send me and e-mail because it is against the rules to post such things. put western cruise or your posting name on the subject line sozi dont delete you thinking you are spam and I will tell you about it, ok.

sixtoedfrog@yahoo.com

Archived