Question on internet and juice

sd63

1st time cruiser. I have booked the Freedom.

I am planning on taking my laptop and was wondering what is the per minute charge for using the internet. Is it wireless or wired? How do they keep track of your minutes if you use your own laptop?

Is orange juice available 24/7? Where? Is it similar in taste to orange juice you buy at the store at home or is it watered down? I have been to the caribbean and Mexico several times and it tastes watered down.

Thanks

Both wired and WiFi avail. on Freedom. WiFi avail. in cabins. Cost 75 cents/minute [less if you buy packages of multiple minutes]. You connect into their server/network...which is how they keep track of time used with WiFi. Free Orange juice avail. in morning...and all day with Room Service

Wifi packages are from $55. for 100 minutes and $100. for 250 minutes. I've only seen OJ one time at the dispensers around Lido Deck once, they have Fruit Punch, Lemonade, Apple, Pass-o-guava and I beleive grape. I guess if you want OJ you can get it at the bar at a cost or bring your own.

Fred

......... I've only seen OJ one time at the dispensers around Lido Deck once,. I guess if you want OJ you can get it at the bar at a cost or bring your own.

Fred

Fred, you must have not looked very hard.:D OJ is available 24 hrs. from room service. It's in the dispensers on Lido during the morning hours, and also in the dining room all three meals each day.

I've never thought it tasted watered down.

Juice in the dining room at breakfast was good. Juice in the buffet was watered down. I think the orange juice and papaya juice get switched over to lemonade and fruit punch before lunch time. The names were just stuck on with magnets so they could switch them around.

One thing to watch with the packages. When I was on the Liberty the package was wifi/internet cafe. Than on the next ship, the Legend, I bought the package on my Laptop. When I went to use the cafe to print boarding pass, I was told that ship you only got one or the other. So, just read the fine print. They may have even changed this by now.

Both wired and WiFi avail. on Freedom. WiFi avail. in cabins. Cost 75 cents/minute [less if you buy packages of multiple minutes]. You connect into their server/network...which is how they keep track of time used with WiFi. Free Orange juice avail. in morning...and all day with Room Service

is iced down early..and arvs watered..So I bring my BIG sipper to b'fast, or do a take away to my room..some of my meds R 2 B taken w/OJ..also cconut, pineapple, grenadine, rum juice tastes better with Lido OJ :D

has anyone ever found free internet on board? Does anyone ever set up a wireless network to receive access or used a sniffer?

No free lunch here.

Sure, someone can set up a wireless network, but where will they get the internet access from?

There aren't any unlimited plans, so there's no incentive to share a connection. You pay for the time you are connected to the wireless LAN.

Communications at sea is a very expensive thing -- whether it's ship-to-shore phone, or cell phone roaming, or internet.

When I need to stay connected, I'll buy the $55 plan, and connect for a few minutes each day to download mail, then I'll read the mail offline, and reconnect to send any replies.

Archived