Snacks in the Bars

teacher2cruiser

While reading about the different restaurants and bars, I see that there are snacks in the bars. Is this something you pay for, or is this included in the price of the cruise? I know you pay for drinks, but I don't understand about the food. This FREESTYLE CRUISING isn't something that I'm familiar with at all.:confused:

Thanks for all your help! :)

the pastry in any of the speciality coffee venues are $ as are the coffee (the specialities coffee with dinner isn't)

i think the fish & chips at the red lion are free, but someone will correct that if it isn't. i couldn't get my DH near any of the bars to try the snacks, too much smoke on our last cruise. this cruise, with the new smoking rules, i hope to try some of these snacks. if your ship has a ice cream area, it's free. popcorn for the movies, free.

Fish and chips in the pub are free as is any snacks at the bars. On the Dawn you can get hamburgers etc at the Bimini Bar and the Spirit has food at the Biergarden. It is all free. The Blue Lagoon is open 24/7 and it is free.

There are usually 3 pay restaurants on the bigger NCL ships and all the other restaurants are free. Some might require a reservation but are free.

We have gone on cruises where there is a set time and place for dinner but we really enjoy freestyle. You eat where and when you want.

Enjoy,

Jeanne

the pastry in any of the speciality coffee venues are $ as are the coffee (the specialities coffee with dinner isn't)

i think the fish & chips at the red lion are free, but someone will correct that if it isn't. i couldn't get my DH near any of the bars to try the snacks, too much smoke on our last cruise. this cruise, with the new smoking rules, i hope to try some of these snacks. if your ship has a ice cream area, it's free. popcorn for the movies, free.

So, the specialty coffee is free with dinner? What kind of specialty coffee do they serve at dinner that are free and are they good (compared to Starbuck or Peet's). I presume they are not available at the buffet. Thanks.

It's always good to see a fellow Peet's lover. One finally opened in Madison, WI (I guess I can thank Robert Redford...It came with his Sundance theater complex). Otherwise, I only got my fix on CA business trips.

Sigh. I wish specialty coffees were included at all times.

Espresso and cappuccino are both free in the dining rooms in the evening. The Jewel, Pearl & Gem have coffee machines in the Garden Cafe that make the above also. I don't know about at lunch for sure in the dining rooms but I imagine they would be available then too.

Archived