Steak in the dining room?

teacher2cruiser

besides the regular menus items, they have "any time" items. my BIL got his steak and potatos every night...he said it was good, just not the prime cut ...like a filet or t-bone, etc. steak, chicken, ceasar salad, baked potato...they did have salmon, but i don't know if that is still available. just ask when you order, they will tell you what else is available.

the specialities had the prime cuts...filets, porterhouse, etc.

I'd be interested to know what cut of beef is served in the dining room (not specialty restaurants).

And if it's worth ordering if one likes their steak rare. I'd rather order something else that I know is good, than to order steak night after night only to be disappointed night after night.

my BIL cut meat for years, then work management for a meat packing. he said it was ok...but he eats it well-done. it's side cuts...he could look at it and tell you where it was from, but it's like the grocery store..it's good beef cut from "near" or "around" the cuts you know of. it's still a good grade of meat. with all the other stuff on the menu, i don't see how anyone can eat a steak every night...but he just won't try anything else.

Do a search for menus and see what's offered. I was just looking at some Star menus today. In the main dining room, I saw beef wellington, which is made with tenderloin (filet), a striploin, and then an 'English style' striploin, which I believe means that it's a striploin roast, not a steak. There was also prime rib one evening. Other than that, I imagine the steak that is always available is likely a sirloin or flatiron - good enough for medium or medium rare, but not as tender as a ribeye or tbone.

I also like my red meat rare, so I don't usually order sirloin when that's what's offered. I agree with Toyz, though... with so many other things to choose from, it seems a little boring to eat steak every night. Mind you... if it was a nice, juicy ribeye cooked to perfection... I'd suffer through it!! ha ha ha

Archived