Stingray City in shifts?

sqm

I have been doing a lot of research on the different Stingray Tours (we will be on the Carnival Freedom January 19 sailing) and I have a question. If you book through Carnival, I thought I read on the cruise critic boards that the boats take you out to the Sandbar in shifts because there are so many people. Is this true? I am thinking about booking the Stingray and Island tour through Nativeway and I read that Captain Marvins will video tape your experience and you can purchase the DVD, does Nativeway do this also? Thanks to anyone who can help me!

I've never heard anything about "shifts." We always book with Captain Marvin's, but I've also read wonderful things about Nativeway, so I'd probably go with whichever company has the time and excursion you're looking for. I'd probably avoid the ship sponsored excursion. I'm not completely sure, but there are boats that have "Kirk" on the side, and they are these huge double-decker things. I'd not want any thing to do with that deal and I believe these are the tours the ships use. With CM's or Nativeway, you're not going to be on a boat with 100 or so other people. The groups will be small. We've usually have around 20 or so (sometimes less) on our excursions.

Captain Marvin's doesn't do the video taping. They use VIP Productions. http://www.vipcayman.com or e-mail them at: vip@candw.ky We e-mailed them ahead of time to make sure they'd be on our excursion. Nativeway also uses VIP. One time we'd driven over to Rum Point and we saw the videographer from our excursion on a Nativeway excursion. :)

Archived