bathrobe on Glory and tubing tours in Belize

UHHS

Hi, we are going to the Glory Western Caribbean on Nov 17. I have a few questions:

• Are there only 2 bathrobes available in each cabin? Do they have kid’s size?

• What shoes to wear if we do the cave tubing in Belize? Kids have water shoes. Should adults wear sandals?

• Our 3 children age 4-9. I found 3 sites for cave tubing in Belize: cave tubing for $45 (45-1 hour tubing); c belize for $60 (75 min for 2 caves tubing); Xtreme kids tubing $70 (1 cave, but only 9 people per group). From your experience, which tour would you recommend?

If you have any suggestions, please let me know. Thanks much!

We were just there. Miss it so much already. There are 2 adult robes, no kids, but you can buy them on the pool deck :) . We did do a cave tubing and zoo tour with Nacho at NCQ Adventure tours (they have a webpage). They were fantastic. They suggested what they thought would work best for our kids and they were right. The have a new van with seat belts and they provided a car seat for our youngest (2 years). They took us on a great tour that was about the same price as the cave tubing alone through the ship. We always felt safe and well cared for. Nacho and his wife Cynthia were very gracious hosts and I have no hesitation in recommending them to anyone especially those with kids. If you do a search under my name you can see the reviews that I have done on the cave tubing tour (in the Belize forum).

Let me know if you have more questions.

I just wanted to pipe up and recommend Major Tom for cave tubing. Google exactly that: Major Tom cave tubing, and you will find tons of sites recommending him. His personal site is cave - tubing .net (without the spaces, of course). We just got back from a trip with him, and it was fantastic. He is so knowledgeable about the country, the caves, the river, and the history of each. Your kids will have FUN and LEARN at the same time! PLUS, if your kids are under 5 years old, they are free, and if they are between ages 5-10, it's only $25 for them. He takes you through two caves, not just one, and his prices are better. It is $45 for adults. (We got a price of $95 for a combo cave tubing/ziplining tour for my husband and myself.)

The two youngsters on our trip were enthralled by Major Tom and his stories. They kept breathing the words "COOL" and "AWESOME" when he'd tell them about schools in Belize, and about the Mayan/Yucatec history of the area. They didn't even realize that they were absorbing a little world history!

You will love the Glory...it was our favorite cruise EVER! But no kids' robes in the cabins, only up on the Lido deck at the pool. Even the adult ones aren't a good fit...they swallowed me whole and I'm 5'9" and 150 pounds.

Archived