Dolphin Encounters

maxamuus

Any one done the Cabo and PV Dolphin Encounters ?

I wanted to do it in Cabo but just noticed in Cabo its 1.5 hours and costs 163.00 pp.

Yet the PV Dolphin Encounter is 112.00 pp and is 3.0 hours. Im guessing a good part of the 3 hours is travel time as other sites sell what looks to be the same encounter and list it as 40mins to 1 hour water time.

What makes the Cabo one so much more money? Just curious.

Any one done the Cabo and PV Dolphin Encounters ?

I wanted to do it in Cabo but just noticed in Cabo its 1.5 hours and costs 163.00 pp.

Yet the PV Dolphin Encounter is 112.00 pp and is 3.0 hours. Im guessing a good part of the 3 hours is travel time as other sites sell what looks to be the same encounter and list it as 40mins to 1 hour water time.

What makes the Cabo one so much more money? Just curious.

A couple of things are in play here.

1) I think you're comparing apples and oranges. The swim for approximately $165 in Cabo is the "Signature Swim". The "Signature Swim" in Puerto Vallarta should run about $128.00 off ship, so should be a similar price to Cabo on ship, if offered. The Dolphin Encounter is $85 in Cabo and $62 in Puerto Vallarta, regular price, so should be a bit higher on the ship.

2) The swims are put on by the same company in both locations, so they are essentially identical - the only difference is the price.

3) The swims are more expensive in Cabo because there is no competition there, whereas there is another facility doing dolphin swims in Puerto Vallarta. Plus, most things are more expensive in Cabo.

Hope this helps clear things up, have a great time!

Did the dolphin swim in PV three weeks ago and it was great. We booked through the ship(Dawn Princess) and I think it was $149 ea. They said 40 minutes, but it was more like 1 hour plus in the water. The photo's were a bit steep, but we got them. We missed our ride back to the dock so we got a bay cruise out of the deal too.

Have Fun

• 6 months later...

Would anyone know what the difference between the signature swim and training for the day are? My main question is how much time would you have in the water with the dolphins in both cases? Going back to the Mexican Riviera next year and already looking for shore tours.

We did the Cabo swimming with dolphins last year. It was a Carnival Elation tour.

We spent almost an hour in the water. Don't know if that's normal, but we loved it.

I believe we paid $150.00, so if it is now $163.00, I'd say that's not bad inflation.

Photos were expensive, but we loved the swim. May do it again on our Radiance OS cruise in 2009.

Pat

Archived