8/29/08 RCCL Radiance or Celeb. Millenium

Pbjandthou

Hello Everyone!

First, I apologize for this question that is so similar to one posted earlier today, but I'm having great difficulty deciding between these two cruise lines.

Long story short, my DH (45), my brother (46) and I (42) are taking my Mom on an Alaskan cruise for her 70th birthday. The RCCL - Radiance (Vancouver to Seward) and Celebrity - Millenium (Seward to Vancouver) are our 2 options.

We simply want to have a good time and get the best value for our money. My brother, in particular, is not at all "into" dressy dinners or shows, and my Mom is very young for her age.

It will be a challenge trying to get our Mom to go on independent tours as opposed to cruise line tours; however, I'm going to do my best to talk her into it. She has a deep-seated fear of the ship leaving without us.

Please provide me with your thoughts regarding these two ships and any ideas you might have for ways that I might be able to convice Mom that independent tours are the way to go.

Thanks!

If dressy dinners is not a priority, the choice is easy - skip Celebrity. They have two formal nights, two informal (meaning semi-formal) nights and the rest casual. Definitely more dressy than many other lines.

John

It will be a challenge trying to get our Mom to go on independent tours as opposed to cruise line tours; however, I'm going to do my best to talk her into it. She has a deep-seated fear of the ship leaving without us.

One more thing - I don't understand your mother's opposition to leaving the cruise ship without you and doing independent vs. cruise-ship sponsored tours. If you are doing the same tours, you would be leaving the cruise ship with her. If you do different tours, even ship-sponsored ones, you would be splitting up anyway.

John

Archived