NCL Dawn - Kids Crew Questions

PattyW

This is the last year that our family can take a cruise during the cheap months as our oldest will start Kindergarten next year. Our son is 2 (three in June, so after prices go up) but he's competitive enough with is sister that if she gets to go to a kids club and he doesn't, he'll flip out. Last May, he was OK with her going and him not going, but I think it would be pressing our luck to try again. That leaves only Carnival, NCL and Disney as options. We are mostly RCCL cruisers. We are looking into a 7 day cruise on the Dawn in January. This will be my youngest's 2nd cruise and my oldest's 4th.

If you have taken young children on the ship (in the 2-5 age group), did they enjoy the kids club? I'm particularly curious since 2 year olds are quite a bit younger than 5 year olds. Do the activities appeal to the entire age group or are they geared to the younger/older kids? Also, having only had experience with RCCL's Adventure Ocean, does kids crew have special themes each night (RCCL has pirate night, alien hunt night, etc) and do they have their own schedules of activities?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Here are some of the kid's crew activities

http://s204.photobucket.com/albums/bb196/cruisinmama06/Royal%20Caribean%20AO%20Compass/

Yes, the activities do appeal to the 2 year olds as much as the 5 year olds. I have had a 2 year old in NCL camp (when my oldest was 2). And I have had my youngest in Camp Carnival (and RCCL AO when she turned 3)

You won't have any problems keeping the 2 year old entertained.

Archived