Beach Buggy Break - Progreso Excursion: Feedback, Please

BarbaraSails

Some friends and I are considering taking this excursion during our New Year's Cruise which is offered through Carnival. Has anyone else taken it?

Feedback is appreciated. :) Thanks!

Beach Buggy Break

30ix1di.jpg

• Take a 30-minute bus ride to a private beach club where your buggy is waiting.
  • Hop in the 4-seater vehicles that allow you to share the fun with your friends and family.
  • See the heart of Progreso as you ride caravan-style through this unique coastal town.
  • Drive through a cross country field to experience the thrill of off-roading in these vehicles.
  • Return to the beach club where you will have free time to relax in the pool, swim in the ocean, and enjoy a domestic open bar.
  • Reboard your bus for the transfer back to your ship.

Note: Minimum age is 6 years. Guests wishing to drive must be 18 years of age and present a valid driver’s license to the Tour Operator.

Buggies have manual transmission (stick-shift). Maximum weight per buggy is 800 lbs.

Closed-toe shoes are required. Light comfortable clothing, long pants, sunscreen and sunglasses are recommended.

Pregnant women and guests with back/neck injuries or heart conditions are not permitted on this excursion. Transfer buses do not have air conditioning.

• 2 weeks later...

We were in Progreso last week and took the Carnival Beach Buggy Break excursion. We are a family of 4 - myself, husband, daughter (13) and son (11). A good time was had by all.

We had a short ride to pick up the dune buggies. Then we were off for a fun ride ( mostly off-road). There were 4 dune buggies in all. They fit 4 in each and the driver needs to be able to drive a stickshift. We rode for at least an hour then headed back to the start point (Love Beach). There we had plenty of time to relax at the beach. There was a pool, as well. There also was an open bar. Food was an additional charge but the chicken fajitas were yummy. The facility was clean, comfortable and uncrowded.

I hope this was helpful. I'll be happy to answer any questions you might have.

We were in Progreso last week and took the Carnival Beach Buggy Break excursion. We are a family of 4 - myself, husband, daughter (13) and son (11). A good time was had by all.

We had a short ride to pick up the dune buggies. Then we were off for a fun ride ( mostly off-road). There were 4 dune buggies in all. They fit 4 in each and the driver needs to be able to drive a stickshift. We rode for at least an hour then headed back to the start point (Love Beach). There we had plenty of time to relax at the beach. There was a pool, as well. There also was an open bar. Food was an additional charge but the chicken fajitas were yummy. The facility was clean, comfortable and uncrowded.

If there are only 2 of us does this mean we have to share the dune buggy? My DH was wanting to drive. I have to say this is going to stink if he does not get to drive.

Is this where the tan umbrella massages are located by any chance? I wanted to do that while we are there.

If there are only 2 of us does this mean we have to share the dune buggy? My DH was wanting to drive. I have to say this is going to stink if he does not get to drive.

Is this where the tan umbrella massages are located by any chance? I wanted to do that while we are there.

There was a couple on this trip and just the two of them rode in one dune buggy together. I don't think you would have a problem unless the tour was booked to capacity.

I don't know about tan umbrella massages but there seemed to be the opportunity to get a beach massage at the beach where we spent the afternoon. I recalled seeing a massage table there but the masseuse left shortly after we arrived.

Oh Goodie!! Thanks so much. Looks like we picked a winner! I'm glad you and your family had such a nice time. :cool:

Many, many thanks for your review! :)

If there are only 2 of us does this mean we have to share the dune buggy? My DH was wanting to drive. I have to say this is going to stink if he does not get to drive

Selena...if we have to share a buggy - how about we just let our DH's split the driving? ...with one of them driving the first 1/2 hour and the other driving the second 1/2 hour....

Of course, hopefully each of us will get our own buggy as a couple, but if we have to share, we'll share with each other! Cool?

Selena...if we have to share a buggy - how about we just let our DH's split the driving? ...with one of them driving the first 1/2 hour and the other driving the second 1/2 hour....

Of course, hopefully each of us will get our own buggy as a couple, but if we have to share, we'll share with each other! Cool?

I am excited about this excusrion Barbara. I do believe we did pick a winner thanks to you and Jeff. You guys work well together. Good idea about sharing the drive if need be.

Woo 28 more days!!!

Archived