children on the Majesty

erin1998

Good afternoon everyone...:D I have a question that I hope someone could answer for me. We are sailing on the Liberty in May. It will be my son (who is 9 years old) and a few other family members on this cruise. We had planned to fly in the day before our cruise (on the friday) and stay in Miami overnight. Well, I am now toying with the idea of flying in on the monday and sailing on the Majesty for a 4 night Bahamas cruise, just my son and I, before our Liberty cruise. My question is, are there lots of children on these short cruises. Our first cruise a few years ago was a short one on Celebrity, and there only a few children onboard, and my son felt very uncomfortable...not to mention kid-lonely....lol. Are there usually lots of kids on board, or are they mostly adults?

Thanks,

Erin

Good afternoon everyone...:D I have a question that I hope someone could answer for me. We are sailing on the Liberty in May. It will be my son (who is 9 years old) and a few other family members on this cruise. We had planned to fly in the day before our cruise (on the friday) and stay in Miami overnight. Well, I am now toying with the idea of flying in on the monday and sailing on the Majesty for a 4 night Bahamas cruise, just my son and I, before our Liberty cruise. My question is, are there lots of children on these short cruises. Our first cruise a few years ago was a short one on Celebrity, and there only a few children onboard, and my son felt very uncomfortable...not to mention kid-lonely....lol. Are there usually lots of kids on board, or are they mostly adults?

Thanks,

Erin

We did the 4 day with 6 kids (3-8) in our group alone- although it was school vacation week. There were plenty of kids in AO and ours had a great time. I would expect that if you are going while school is in session you will find far fewer children.

I can't answer the short cruise aspect of your question but depending on when in May many of the school age children in the states are still in school at that time.. You will see more towards the end of the month when the southern schools start letting out. Here in NY our schools are not done until mid June or so.

Hi, thanks for your replies.

We would be looking at the April 28/08 cruise, so school would still be going on. I guess it doesn't really matter if there are other kids, as this would be our own little getaway, but it would be nice if there were others for him to play with. I was just curious if this was a popular family cruise or mostly just adults.

thanks again

Erin

Thanks,

Erin

Celebrity is not what comes to mind when one has children. I have been on Carnival and NCL during the school year and both times there were 100 to 150 children on board. I would expect RCI to be very similar (having about 100 to 150 children on board - even in May). If you are looking for other children, don't go on Celebrity or HAL, especially while school is in session.

I have toured the Vision of the Seas during the school year, and I noticed that there were again, about 100 - 150 children on board. I have not personally cruised on Royal Caribbean during the school year. Both of my cruises on Royal Caribbean have been during the summer, when there were 800 to 1000 children on board.

thanks for your reply Cuizer2. When we went on Celebrity, it was our first cruise and didn't realize that it was mostly adults. It was a wonderful cruise and we had fun of course, but my son was looking for some kids to play with. Our second cruise was Disney and filled with children and it was wonderful for my son. I just hope that if we book the Majesty there will be at least some kids on board. I just wasn't sure about a 4 nighter during the school year.

thanks again :D

Erin

Archived