Carnival aft - Princess aft? Opinions please

sunshineminnie

Hi there,

I'm not trying to start a which is better Carnival or Princess thread. :p I know that they're both great. I'm just needing to make a quick decision on rooms that I have held. Any advice is welcome.

I had to cancel my Princess cruise this week due to family circumstances and am trying to rebook. Originally, we were sailing on the Grand Princess and had a corner aft balcony, I was so psyched. We had a Western Caribbean itinerary and were going to dive in Cozumel and Cayman.

After cancelling, my travel agent suggested the Carnival Valor as an option. We could get a corner aft balcony on that one as well. Room 6483. I have both rooms held today. Here's my dilema:

I was so prepared for Princess and that room that I am wondering about the difference in atmosphere, rooms (the Carnival one seems bigger) and balconies. Also, the itinerary is a little different - Carnival will go to Belize and Rotaan instead of Ocho Rios and their private island. Carnival is going to be around $150 more per person. We are 40 somethings looking to relax, hang out on our balcony and dive a couple of times. We aren't looking to do a lot of partying, just more relaxing and adventuring outdoors.

If anyone has any thoughts on which way to go, I'd welcome it! I am so confused.

Thanks in advance!

If you are serious about diving Belize has some of the best in the world, including the Blue Hole, and I would say a private island stop is one of the most relaxing stops just because you don't have to travel to get to the beach and it's right there.

Archived