I am READY to Book-but...

shashy

Hi,

I am booking my cruise today. I just need a little push/help!!!

I think for the price difference, I am booking a balcony guarantee instead of a cabin #. Thoughts???

Do I need to buy insurance at time of deposit????

Are there any specials/perks going on for the Carnival Legend that I should be aware of before I book?

I think I should stop examining it so much and just do it!!!

Thank you so much!!

I say go for the GTY. I love the GTY catagory, because you never know where you will be, its a suprise and you just *might* get something better than you actually paid for. (its a gamble, but Im ok with that)

As for insurance, it depends...thought one. I have only bought insurance for one of my cruises(Alaska) because of the expense and travel involved. The others I have taken and have booked, I didnt get it for them. You just have to consider what you have to risk.

Good luck.

A GTY is a little risky because you might end up somewhere undesireable for you.....like over a lounge where music will be playing until the wee hours. Only you know if that will be a problem for you. OTOH, you could get a great location.

I bought insurance for my first cruise and haven't bought it since. Only you can decide the risks. Are you cruising during hurricane season? I don't buy insurance when I cruise during hurricane season, but that's just me.

Specials/perks: Are you military or interline? If you are, some sailings have discounts.

Now just book it!!!!

Thank you, Thank you.

I would get the insurance because we have kids and we are NOT taking them so if they get sick, I would have to cancel.

I would like to pick my cabin but it would cost $200 extra. But then I would know where I am. See I am over thinking this thing again.

When we have not picked a cabin number we have never been disappointed on the cabin we got. Remember your on a cruise what could be bad. And $200 is a lot of trinket money for those foo foo drinks. Insurance we have never purchased and twice wish we had so will buy it in the future. Once one in the party got stung by a bee and had a reaction it cost her $300 to go the medical unit on ship she was a young girl and didn't have an extra $300 so we all pitched in for her to cover the cost but had she had insurance it would have been covered. Another cruise my Mom passed away during the cruise so we had to leave ship and fly home from Belize very expensive.

But don't make your self crazy.....just toss the dice and pick............your going on a cruise!!!! :D

You are right, $200 is a lot of money-that is what I am thinking. Sorry about your Mom.

I just didn't know if the insurance needs to paid with deposit. But I am

definitely getting it because of the kids.

Thanks!

I would wait and see if theyy have the 12 days of Christmas sale again this year. That was a very good sale.

If you book today, they will usually adjust the price if it goes lower, so I would book! Then no more worry - and onto the fun of planning everything else.

insurance needs to be purchased by the time final payment is made

you can buy insurance right up until you sail. If you have to cancel during the penalty period and you haven't bought insurance yet you'll lose whatever the cruiselines penalties are.

It is best to buy before the final payment but not necesary. If you have pre existing conditions you need to book within 10-21 days of booking depending on the insurance company.

Go to http://www.insuremytrip.com to compare prices and policies. Travelex lite is a good policy as they don't charge you for kids 16 and under and their coverage is primary and not secondary.

Bill

On my last two cruises I booked a gty. Both times I got room assigments that I was very happy with. It's a risk, but one I'm willing to take since I will be on the ship!!

I have never purchased insurance, so couldn't help you with that.

Lots of people book GTYs. The only down side is that some cabins can be noisier than others. But if you are a nightowl like me, that won't be a problem.

As far as insurance, CSA is a good company (I believe one that is recommended by InsureMyTrip) and I would recommend insurance for anyone who feels like this would reduce the stress of planning and going!!!

Have a great cruise!!!

Archived