Wedding Date Conflict...Need Advice!

NurseBeth

Many valid points have been made here. However, some were obscured with cruelty (Don). This can also be construed as poor communication. You make make your point and move on, no barbs are required nor are they necessary.

These boards are meant to encourage and support. Nursebeth asked if she was wrong in feeling the way she did. Obviously she is trying to sort this out and wants to act appropriately. She was looking for truthful answers and support not a lambasting.

Nursebeth, you look like you will make a beautiful and sweet bride, no matter what time of year you get married. I've been to more weddings than I can count. No two are the same. Enjoy your October wedding, if that's when you want it. Let the friends have their October date and go in peace. I commend them for at least approaching you and making the inquiry. Many would not have had the courtesy to do that much.

Blessings and best wishes to all you brides (and renewing brides, too!)

Tamara

P.S. What is a man doing posting on this board anyway?:confused: Now that is food for thought! But I will leave it at that so as not to be cruel, too.;)

Curly, this post was a breath of fresh air.

P.S. What is a man doing posting on this board anyway?:confused: Now that is food for thought! But I will leave it at that so as not to be cruel, too.;)

Men get married too! ;)

While Don had a valid opinion, it could have been presented a little more tactfully. Talk about a brick dropped on your head. Sheesh....

Yes, I have seen men post on this board regarding pertinent questions they have for upcoming weddings, renewals and proposal ideas. They have been kind and considerate and have brought much to the table. However, this male was doing none of these things. He was being. . . what was it SAS said?????:rolleyes: :p It seems as if he had some venom he needed to spew, but was not able/mature enough to direct his anger at the appropriate party. He decided to rip on someone he didn't know or have to deal with face to face. Question, do you really think a guy like that has someone who would want to spend the next ten minutes with him, much less rest of her life? Kind of sad, really.

well, my friend was engaged for about a year and they said that they were going to plan a wedding for may 2008. I got engaged in feb this year and within a month we already picked dec 07. Suddenly she moved up her date to (well first to sept 2007) and then had to choose Nov 2007 (her wedding was last weekend) I was convienced that she moved up her wedding because she wanted to get married before me. It was a little frusterating because our weddings are only a month apart, but in the end no harm was done, they had their wedding and i will have mine, even if they were a week apart its not a big deal, it would diff. it was family though because out of towners would have to make the trip twice within a few days, and some might not go to one, but since it is just a friend, we do have mutual friends going to both, but no one once said anything about our weddings being close together. I say pick whichever day you want, and if they have to miss your wedding or you have to miss theres, thats how it will have to be. You cant plan your wedding around other people. If they are busy, they cant go. Maybe you can plan it for the weekend after, chances are if you are getting married on an island they will not go anyways because they will be coming back from their honeymoon. Best wishes!

I have actually lost my long time best friend because of this (well sort of). I have been with my fiance for 5 years and had been trying to settle on a date for almost 2 years. My ex-best friend got engaged after dating her fiance for 2 months. She planned her wedding for August and we finally chose on Valentines Week. Well she flipped and bitched me out on another wedding website about Choosing her YEAR! Yes, ladies thats her YEAR! She apparantly got the whole year before and the year after. So In her opinion I couldn't get married until September of 09! She also wrote on this website how I did it on purpose because I didnt want her to get married first. And honestly when it came to her wedding my only thought was to get married as early in the year as possible so I could be available for her wedding. Now please do keep in mind I never expected her to travel to my wedding because of money. And no other guests where mutual. I think when it comes to our weddings we all need to relax some. Also keep in mind with Destinations weddings so many of us do actually get more than the typical 1 day we can atleast share the month, and year. To the OP since your friend is geting married on the 18th why not choose the first or last week so that you can be there for eachother?

I agree that weddings are blown way out of proportion, its not a compitition!! Now Yes I would be upset if one of my friends chose the same day or the same weekend as my wedding, or stole all of my ideas (say I talked about what we were doing and they turned around and copied). Weddings are about you and your FH, not who got married first, or in the same month, or year (which is rediculous).

One of my roommates from college is getting married 2 weeks after us so cannot attend our wedding, which is fine and I am actually excited about going to a wedding two weeks after ours and seeing some old friends! And FINALLY not having to go catch the bouqet (I hated doing this lol).

People can just be loony sometimes....

I have a cousin who got engaged after I did but had her wedding before mine. Now, she was engaged once before this engagement, and ex-fiancee called it off one month before the date. I just assumed that she wanted to make sure new fiancee actually went thru with it, which is why they got married 6 months after they got engaged. (mind you, the whole relationship, from start to wedding, was about a year in total) My sister swears that she was determined to get married before me, and that is why the quick wedding....

Then I got pregnant...same cousin got pregnant about 4 months later (after being married for about 6 months) My sister swears she is in competition with me - which is funny because cousin and I dont really speak at all, we just get updates on each other thru family.

I also have a girlfriend whom accused me of being competitive with her when it came to getting pregnant and having a baby. I called her NUTS and said that, deciding to have a baby was a big step, and a big commitment and anyone who would contemplate conceiving out of competition should probably not have kids at all.... (she wasn't so happy with me after I said that...)

Of course, this is the same friend who was POSITIVE that a co worker went out and bought the same car that she already had just to copy her....

People like this have real issues. As the more sane group of women, we should really take pity, see these situations for what they are and try to not get involved in the drama....

It's just so sad!

Archived