When do you think bookings will begin for Genesis?

Yeah, I was wondering about the "Creation" mention, myself. So, this is just a name that's being bandied about, rather than us all missing a press release?

I personally wouldn't crab over the name. Hey, it beats calling it "2nd Thessalonians." :p

(On further thought, I think Genesis, Exodus and Creation all sound more like Celebrity ship names, rather than RCCL.)

Yeah, I was wondering about the "Creation" mention, myself. So, this is just a name that's being bandied about, rather than us all missing a press release?

I personally wouldn't crab over the name. Hey, it beats calling it "2nd Thessalonians." :p

LOL!!!!

I have not heard any definite news on the names yet........ I think I will wait on the official news from Royal about the names.

I have heard lots of talk but nothing definitive. Since there are already ships with self-leveling pool tables and bowling alleys,neither could be considered especially innovative. I'm thinking that, based on past experience, RCI will come up with innovations that we haven't even considered. If not there will be many disappointed cruisers, and RCI's record is not one of disappointing their fans.:)

I'm thinking a full sized indoor go-kart track would be nice...:rolleyes:

Let's look at it this way. Booking for the Solstice set to Debut December 2008 began June of 2007. So that's a year and a half before the debut.

Based on that, Genesis is due to come out August 2010, so I'd guess right about the Feb-April 2009. Sorry, you still have a while to wait.

Genesis will be sailing in Fall of 2009, not fall of 2010. So bookings will open up, probably, in Spring of 2008.

This the first I've heard of Project Creation. But it doesn't really matter what it's called, these are the names of the "projects", not the ships. RCI has yet to announce the name of the ship, but it most likely will NOT be "Genesis Of The Seas". This is similar to the Project "UltraVoyager", which turned out to be Freedom of the Seas.

This the first I've heard of Project Creation. But it doesn't really matter what it's called, these are the names of the "projects", not the ships. RCI has yet to announce the name of the ship, but it most likely will NOT be "Genesis Of The Seas". This is similar to the Project "UltraVoyager", which turned out to be Freedom of the Seas.

I totally agree. I really don't care what they name her.......... as long as I am on that best that is all that matters.:p

And the Voyager was actually the Eagle class, before they named the first ship

We are anxiously awaiting infor on Genesis just like everyone else...I keep hearing that they likely wont begin booking for Genesis until after Ind is launched in May...the odd thing about that is that they were taking booking for Independence before Liberty was launched, so why would Genesis be different?

We are anxiously awaiting infor on Genesis just like everyone else...I keep hearing that they likely wont begin booking for Genesis until after Ind is launched in May...the odd thing about that is that they were taking booking for Independence before Liberty was launched, so why would Genesis be different?

I was thinking the same thing.:confused:

I hope bookings start earlier............ that way at least I can start an official countdown.:D

I think the difference with booking opening for the IND before Liberty was launched is that they are same class of ship. The IND being launched is very much bigger in a way for people on this side of the pond and I would be surprised if the Genesis booking is opened before IND launched. I think RCCL UK/Europe wouldnt want Genesis stealing their thunder from IND launch if you get my meaning.

By opening Genesis booking after IND launch then I think RCCL would get more bookings...cruisers might decide they want to do both new ships. Of course I could be completely wrong in my thinking.:o

I think the difference with booking opening for the IND before Liberty was launched is that they are same class of ship. The IND being launched is very much bigger in a way for people on this side of the pond and I would be surprised if the Genesis booking is opened before IND launched. I think RCCL UK/Europe wouldnt want Genesis stealing their thunder from IND launch if you get my meaning.

By opening Genesis booking after IND launch then I think RCCL would get more bookings...cruisers might decide they want to do both new ships. Of course I could be completely wrong in my thinking.:o

You may be right.......... plus the marketing push for Genesis is going to be massive as well so I don't think they want anything interfering with that. From what I hear it will be a marketing blitz like no other.:eek:

I think that you are correct. The situation involving Independence and Genesis are not comparable to Independence and Liberty for the very reason you mention. The RCI PR machine will be gearing up an ambitious marketing campaign in advance of Genesis and won't want to impede sales of Independence sailings by starting up before Independence is launched and sailing with passengers onboard. Starting too early might cause prospective Independence cruisers to defer booking that ship in anticipation of the bigger and newer Genesis project ship. From all of the interest in Genesis already obvious on these boards, there is little or no need to open the books earlier than absolutely necessary to fill the initial sailings.:)

[quote name='intothevoid']Sooooooooooooooooo............. are there any Royal Caribbean employees here that want to divulge any secrets about Genesis that we don't know yet?:D :p[/quote]

I don't think we are likely to find any RCI insiders with loose lips, at least not this early in the process. I don't know what they have been threatened with if they divulge any secrets;), but I do know that on the Liberty pre-inaugural in Miami last May, even Richard Fain was extremely careful not to divulge any information, and if you were to believe his remarks, he was totally in the dark about what is planned for these ships. Now we know that if anyone knows what Genesis ships will be like, he does, but he isn't talking and I doubt anyone below his rank would risk revealing anything before it is officially allowed. I know it is frustrating, but it is just that frustration that RCI is counting on to build interest and suspense. We will know when they want us to, and probably not before.:(

[quote name='negc']I don't think we are likely to find any RCI insiders with loose lips, at least not this early in the process. I don't know what they have been threatened with if they divulge any secrets;), but I do know that on the Liberty pre-inaugural in Miami last May, even Richard Fain was extremely careful not to divulge any information, and if you were to believe his remarks, he was totally in the dark about what is planned for these ships. Now we know that if anyone knows what Genesis ships will be like, he does, but he isn't talking and I doubt anyone below his rank would risk revealing anything before it is officially allowed. I know it is frustrating, but it is just that frustration that RCI is counting on to build interest and suspense. We will know when they want us to, and probably not before.:([/quote]

Yeah....... they are being really secretive.

I am anxious to see though what new innovative things this ship will have.

The build up from the wait is awesome......... yeah, I know we all want to know what is new and stuff like that but you all have to admit........ It is fun waiting and talking about it.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi I'm just back from the Liberty and our M&M Group from the first week have the same idea - to make a reunion cruise on the Genesis and cant wait to book..

They told not much about the Genesis, but the Genesis will have 2 Flowriders... Keel laying will be in december and I think until this day we'll known the official name...

Greetz

Patrick

Here is a link from a previous thread (supplied by Cruisingator2) from an employee of Akers shipyard. The last time i checked, this thread had been closed.

[URL]http://www.travelserver.net/travelpage/ubb-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=009963[/URL]

Gregg

[quote name='dak_friendly']I've got my fingers crossed for a Taco Bell... ;)[/quote]

Free chalupas here I come!!

We've been searching for any info we can find about Genesis but as everyone has stated RCI is being very tight lipped about it. We were just talking last night about where we wanted to go for our 2009 trip when we decided to wait until Genesis bookings open and just go for it. I cannot wait!! :D I'm really interested to see what the those interior Central Park balconies are going to look like.

Archived