Jacksonville Fla. weather?

bfkkbc

What is the weather like the end of November? Should I wear jeans to embark? With the wind on the ship and such would it be better to pull out the shorts later when we get farther into the ocean?? Just wondering.:)

I live in Fl (Gainesville area) and I suggest jeans and change as needed. Our weather changes dramatically...For example it was in low 80's yesterday and only got up to 66 today..dropping tonight to the 30's.That being said we usually get a cold snap before Thanksgiving..then warms up Normally have AC on Thanksgivng day...That is why I say wear Jeans...very unpredictable and really too soon to say definite what you would be comfortable in. If you are from Northern States now you may be comfortable but down here it is a lil chilly for us...Be sure and take cooler clothes because you are going caribbean..so much warmer there...hopes this helps a little..:o

Literally 5 minutes from the Jax port. And at the end of November it will be a bit cool. Mind you on occassion out of nowhere the temp will spike to 75.. but it is more likely to be a little cool especially with the winds close to port. so jeans would be good.. besides even if it does get a little warmer you wont be too hot in the jeans. at least till your out to sea a bit. :o

<a href=countdown.pl?name=ThisFemmeKat&date=3-24

November in Florida can be just about anything from bitter cold to pretty warm (I'm near Tampa, not Jax). Today's low here - 42. High will be in the upper 70s.

Jax is colder than here & typically has more wind.

I'd suggest layering as much as possible. I doubt you'd be uncomfortably warm in jeans, even if it's warmer than normal. On top, layer a short sleeve shirt with a sweater/jacket - something that will keep you warm if it's chilly but that you can peel off if it's warm. When I've cruised at that time, I typically wear a golf shirt, a sweater, then a windreaker/shell type jacket on the outside to cut the wind - it can make a HUGE difference.

Yipee,we're headed to Jacksonville in the am, I'm wearing sweats:) but will probably wear capris and a jacket to get on the Celebration Monday. I usually check accu-weather or weather.com- you can get 15 day forecasts. It look like Monday for us will be in the low 70's.:) better than here in NC today, it's cold:eek:

I live inland and slightly south of JAX - it is Monday and I think chilly, I turned the heat on. Later today it will be mid 70's and I'll turn the heat off and open the doors.

Our weather patterns change every 3 to 4 days depending on lows, etc. Long pants/capris and a jacket over a short sleeve T shirt will be good for boarding with a pair of shorts in your carry-on. I am always ready to get into vacation wear asap when cruising.

Archived