Just curious...how many times do you re-pack your suitcase?

bassclari

Can I use "nervous energy" as an excuse?

Absolutely! That was the first thing I thought when I read your post: it's a way to be "doing" something -- anything -- related to the cruise.

I don't actually start packing until about 2 days out, but I start making lists months ahead of time, and throwing things into the suitcase several weeks ahead. And once I do start packing, it's an obsessive thing. I question every item ("Do I really need this?") and go over and over my lists ("What am I forgetting?" "Is everything on the list REALLY in the suitcase, even though I've checked 4 times already?"). Once the packing process begins, I arrange and re-arrange. As if it mattered! :p But it's a way to keep busy.

This thread made me LOL twice!!! How Funny!!!

My mom has been packed for our 3/2008 cruise since September!!! She has packed twice, she got a new suitcase, and had to repack. When March does come she will unpack her suitcase and iron her clothes and try it all on again, then she will repack it and try to weigh it. Every cruise that I have been on with her (5) she has been over the weight limit. She refuses to pay the extra, so she will pull underwear, shoes, bras whatever she can and ask me to put it in my suitcase. It has become quite amusing. My Dh just rolls his eyes and say "What are you two doing on the floor with underwear!" LOL Of course my suitcase ends up being over weight, I just pay the extra. Its always worth the great laugh!

Have a great day!!

:) i use a dresser draw in each one of our dressers that i start putting or vacation clothes in so i know exactly what we have and what i still need to get were going to disney in four weeks and a month after that i leave on my cruise with just my sissy and me so i have a draw just for those clothes my husband doesnt mind when i try on my clothes for him it's his own fashion show and he takes the pictures i think it's because he's got a new camera (new toy) so he doesn't mind now if i could just get my kids to try on their clothes:eek:

:) i use a dresser draw in each one of our dressers that i start putting or vacation clothes in so i know exactly what we have and what i still need to get were going to disney in four weeks and a month after that i leave on my cruise with just my sissy and me so i have a draw just for those clothes my husband doesnt mind when i try on my clothes for him it's his own fashion show and he takes the pictures i think it's because he's got a new camera (new toy) so he doesn't mind now if i could just get my kids to try on their clothes:eek:

Extra drawer space sounds awesome, it's just not in existance here at our house :rolleyes:

Just to go off topic, which is normal for me, my daytime boss gave me a great idea for old suitcases. I'm preparing to buy new luggage (employee discount day coming up!), but then I will have some nice pieces that I will no longer be using. Her suggestion was to pack those suitcases with disaster supplies, keeping them handy to grab and go. Being that we just went through raging fires and we do have earthquakes, it really sounds like a wonderful idea.

I always keep some supplies in the trunk of my car, an extra bag with things like blankets, sweaters, socks, pj's may one day come in handy.

Extra drawer space sounds awesome, it's just not in existance here at our house :rolleyes:

Just to go off topic, which is normal for me, my daytime boss gave me a great idea for old suitcases. I'm preparing to buy new luggage (employee discount day coming up!), but then I will have some nice pieces that I will no longer be using. Her suggestion was to pack those suitcases with disaster supplies, keeping them handy to grab and go. Being that we just went through raging fires and we do have earthquakes, it really sounds like a wonderful idea.

I always keep some supplies in the trunk of my car, an extra bag with things like blankets, sweaters, socks, pj's may one day come in handy.

I always keep extra "stuff" in my car. I'm afraid I will get stuck at work in the winter!!

Archived