Soda Card-Coke or Pepsi

nugrammy

I'd definitely bring my own. I figured I'd have to drink 4-5 sodas a day to amortize the cost of the Fountain Fun card, and I usually only drink 1 or 2 a day. They have iced tea, lemonade, fruit punch and apple juice for free. I decided to drink that instead of paying the exorbitant price for sodas. There's also free coffee and hot chocolate and hot water and tea bags to make hot tea.

I'd definitely bring my own. I figured I'd have to drink 4-5 sodas a day to amortize the cost of the Fountain Fun card, and I usually only drink 1 or 2 a day. They have iced tea, lemonade, fruit punch and apple juice for free. I decided to drink that instead of paying the exorbitant price for sodas. There's also free coffee and hot chocolate and hot water and tea bags to make hot tea.

Just thought I'd point out that dining room and lido hot chocolate is good milk chocolate hot chocolate...............the lido deck coffee cups hold 2 button pushes from the chocolate machines.........BUT........room service hot chocolate is powdered Nestlee...DARK chocolate hot chocolate:eek: .....nasty. I took my own packages for morning balcony HC.

All this ships we were on carried Mr. Pibb, not Dr. Pepper.
That stands to reason. Pibb is a Coke product and was introduced in the 70s as a Dr Pepper alternative.

YUCK.

Nothing can compare to DP - especially the bottled in Dublin, Texas with Pure Cane Sugar Dr Pepper.

How much is a soda card for a 5 day cruise?

I was quoted $22 for 4 days, which is $5.50 per day. However, it was more than that when I inquired on board the ship. It seems like it was $27, which would be $6.75 per day. So that would be $33.75 plus the automatic 15% gratuity they add at the time you purchase the card so you don't have to tip the bartender each time. And the card is for a glass of soda. You can buy a can but I can't remember the cost -- maybe a buck and a half?

Okay, I have been going back and forth, on do I want to get the card or not. That is a lot of money for a family of 7. I am fine drinking the free stuff and I'm sure my kids are okay too. During Lunch and Dinner can you get a soda with your meal or do you have to buy it then too?

You have to pay for it in the dining room.

I've only been on one other cruise and it was on RC's Seranade of the Seas. I had a soda card on that cruise and I drank Coke at every meal, even in the dining room and never had to pay anything extra. Admittedly, I don't know if the same holds true for Carnival, but I can assure you I'll find out and pitch a fit if I buy a soda card and have to pay extra for a Coke in the dining room.

Schlepporelo: you are misunderstanding the above poster. If you purchase a soda card, you do not have to pay extra for soda in the dining room or anywhere else on the ship. You only pay for the soda in the dining room if you did not purchase the soda card.

For anyone who has a large family I would suggest taking your own sodas onboard with you. We do it all the time as we like Pepsi products and we don't drink enough on a daily basis to warrant the price of the soda card. We usually fly in a day ahead of our cruises, so it isn't difficult to stop at a local grocery or drug store and pick up a "cube of Pepsi". I know that some people who fly in the same day as their cruise have asked their taxi driver to stop at a drug store on the way to the port so they can pick up the sodas.

Coca-Cola all the way... breakfast, dinner, supper and everything in between. One of the first things I do is find the card desk and get my card, then head off to get my first strong drink (of Coke).

Ahhh. A kindred spirit.

"Coke! The breakfast of champions and truck drivers."

Archived