IS CARSICKNESS POSSIBLE ON THE CAR TRIP FROM SKAGWAY TO EMERALD LAKE?

gotohoro

Greetings,

Well, I've already got the railway trip to the summit ordered through Princess for our cruise in early July. However, many of you are talking about the wonderful trip by rental car to Emerald Lake. My main concern is that my wife gets carsick on curvey, mountain roads. How bad are the curves? What is the average miles per hour on this road? It sounds wonderful, but I'm just not sure.

Thanks much,

Gary

We just did this trip last week with my family. My daughter, who does have a little trouble with motion sickness, didn't have any problems at all.

The scenery along the road was beaututiful and the road was in good condition without being very windy.

NCL Sun 06/04

NCL Sea 01/04

For most of the mountain parts the speed limit wasnt more than 35 or 45 at the most. Also, there is a lot of stopping and things to look at so we didnt go too fast most of the way. Its not a very curvy road as in the steep mountain switchback type roads. Just some meandering curves. (And this coming from someone used to the flat straight roads of Florida!)

You'll be driving slow to see everything anyways so you won't have problem.

Misty

Group Cruise Info for the Serenade - Alaska - 08/07/05 - Come and Join the fun!!. http://messages.cruisecritic.com/2/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=927093444&f=408097554&m=877100712

Roll Call for the Grandeur 12/18/04. Come join us in New Orleans for the Christmas Season!! http://messages.cruisecritic.com/2/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=927093444&f=1683059817&m=389105961&r=699105961#699105961

Serenade of the Seas / Alaska / 08-07-05

Grandeur of the Seas / W. Caribbean / 12-18-04

Vision of the Seas / Mexico / 04-04-04

Radiance of the Seas /Alaska /07-05-03

Archived