Just back from empress on the seas

smeyer418

Hi,

Glad you enjoyed your trip to Bermuda. Were you on the 8 or 6 night?

If you were on the six night, how many formal nights were there and what nights were they. Also, do you what night the diamond and platinum party was?

We are going next week, September 12th and if you have any other information to pass along to us, we would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Donna

Hi Donna

this was my first RCCI trip so I don't know when the parties where. on the six day, the "formals were the first full sea day(Monday) and the day you leave Bermuda(Thursday). I wore a business suit and a blazer coming back. Was better dressed than most relatively few Tuxes... second seating at least. I prefer the second seating in Bermuda and pretty much anywhere. I liked ths ship... I thought the slots were really tight....They just raised the taxis 20%...

Bayonne was much easier than Manhattan...

We loved it--we (my husband and 2 children) went with his parents and our two friends and their son. I didn't really realize how rocky Monday was--I'm not that prone to motion sickness and spent the whole afternoon half-snoozing on my balcony while my kids, who were feeling pretty sick, slept in my bed. But everyone else in our party got pretty sick as well and our asst. waiter, Negi, wasn't at dinner that night because he was sick. The trip back was much better for them.

I was really impressed with the Cruise Director staff--they were very visible and engaging throughout the cruise--Edwina is a riot! Gary was our waiter--absolutely loved him. We didn't see much of our room attendants, but that was fine with us, the room was immaculate.

Bermuda was beautiful--too much to see and do in just a few days. Of course, we want to go back. It was hot, but didn't feel hot to us because we're used to so much humidity.

Even Windjammer, which is generally my only major complaint, seemed much improved.

What about you?

Archived