Oosterdam Upgrade

beaglecruiser

For all those who keep checking for a visit from the upgrade fairy, here is some further info as to how upgrades might be determined. Today I received upgrades from VH to VB (6016,6020) and MM to J (6022) for the 11-24 sailing. It is first time on HA (previous Celebrity, Disney, Seabourn, Carnival, RC) and I booked 1 cabin direct and 2 with Amex. I sure appreciate all the info on this board and really loved the pictures of the SD port camera posted by Laffinvegas (spelling???).:confused:

For all those who keep checking for a visit from the upgrade fairy, here is some further info as to how upgrades might be determined. Today I received upgrades from VH to VB (6016,6020) and MM to J (6022) for the 11-24 sailing. It is first time on HA (previous Celebrity, Disney, Seabourn, Carnival, RC) and I booked 1 cabin direct and 2 with Amex. I sure appreciate all the info on this board and really loved the pictures of the SD port camera posted by Laffinvegas (spelling???).:confused:

You are Welcome:)

Congratulations on your upgrades, that is great.

We too received our cabin assignment today for the 11/24 Oosterdam and got an upgrade from H (obstructed) to a D!

We too received our cabin assignment today for the 11/24 Oosterdam and got an upgrade from H (obstructed) to a D!

My sisters are sailing on 12-08-07. I checked their status and the cabin number posted today. They got a nice upgrade. They had a VF Guar and went to a VD. It is a handicap cabin and is larger with a larger balcony. Only to 29 days until we sail!

We booked a VF guarantee and were upgraded to a VB, but we're right across from a bank of elevators, which I am not too happy about. Do you think there's an opporunity to switch? Should I call HAL now or wait until we get on the ship??

:(

Twoflyers

twoflyers

Are you in the area of 6043/6048 or 6116/6127??

If so, there is a wall behind them that is well soundproofed, you may get a bit of traffic at times but it's sure handy when you have to run back to the room for that thing you forgot :)

Thanks for starting this thread. I like seeing the results of booking a Guarantee cabin. I've booked the January 12, 2008, sailing of the Oosterdam, Obstructed Outside (Category H), and this thread adds a bit of fun to the mystery of what my cabin assignment will be.

Happy Sailing Everyone!! :)

Twoflyers,

Don't worry about your cabin location. I was upgraded last year on the Westerdam to cabin 7042 which is right across from the entrance to the elevators. I thought noise from the elevators would be a problem. Not to worry..I never heard a thing. It was very convenient to be able to use the stairs to go from deck to deck. Enjoy your cruise.

Kathy

Archived