Bad News!

HawaiiApril

My TA just informed me that Carnival (including Costa) has levied a surcharge for fuel on each cabin up to $70 pp. My charge will be $55 pp for our February 10 day cruise, $110. I am not happy about this, but what can I do? I'm not going to cancel over it. In all the years I have been cruising, I have never heard of a price going up after you book. Supposedly, in their brochure, it says they can do this. I hope this is the last one before February.

Yeah, this had already come up on these boards

It stands to reason, since the price of oil continues to rise. It's only for the first 2 passengers in a cabin and will go no higher than$70.

I was going to do a search before I posted, but didn't bother. I know I had heard something about it at some point, but didn't think it would apply to cruises already booked and paid in full. It's not considered a rate increase though. The price of oil has really jumped and there is no end in sight. It's going to start effecting us more and more and not just at the pumps.

I was going to do a search before I posted, but didn't bother. I know I had heard something about it at some point, but didn't think it would apply to cruises already booked and paid in full. It's not considered a rate increase though. The price of oil has really jumped and there is no end in sight. It's going to start effecting us more and more and not just at the pumps.

One good thing about the cruiselines doing it this way ~ IF fuel ever goes down , they can remove the fuel surcharge. If they just upped the price of cruises, it would be easier for them to just maintain them at the higher price with no adjustement to reflect fuel prices

One good thing about the cruiselines doing it this way ~ IF fuel ever goes down , they can remove the fuel surcharge. If they just upped the price of cruises, it would be easier for them to just maintain them at the higher price with no adjustement to reflect fuel prices

Ha, ha! You're funny! I'll bet the fuel surcharge becomes a natural part of cruising, just like the specialty restaurant fee. ;)

Ha, ha! You're funny! I'll bet the fuel surcharge becomes a natural part of cruising, just like the specialty restaurant fee. ;)

Yeah, but then we'll all have something else to gripe about:D

Archived