Getting to Atlantis - water taxis or taxi vans?

dolphinwyo

I have read a lot on these boards, and have come to the conclusion that people generally avoid taxis when traveling with children. However, I have read that the taxis in Nassau traveling to Atlantis are actually vans, that they fill with passengers before leaving. I have also read that there are water taxis, but have read mixed reviews of them also. Anyone have any specific info on which method is the safest to transport my DS and DD (3, 6) from the pier to Atlantis? If it is water taxi, how far of a walk is it to Atlantis? I have posted here instead of specific port board, since it is a child safety concern more than anything else. Thanks for any help!

TAXI! STAY AWAY FROM THE WATER TAXI!!!!!!

lol...was I clear enough. :D

We have been to Atlantis twice this year. The first time I took the water taxi with my kids. HUGE mistake! The water taxis are packed FULL with as many people as possible. I swear they have NO safety regulations on them. The boat was smoking. :eek:

The water taxi is $3 each way and it shuts down at 6pm. The water taxi drops you off at the dock up the street from Atlantis. We had to walk a good 10 minutes and UP 4 STAIRCASES with our stroller. :eek:

On the way back, we walked right outside the door at Altantis. The valet guy got us a waiting taxi shuttle. It was $4 per person. TOTALLY worth the ONE extra dollar per person...lol.

So the second time we visited, we got right off the ship and walked right into the building at the port to get a taxi. There is a line marked "taxi" in the port building. Go there. They dropped us off right at the door to Atlantis. :)

No more water taxis for me. I did it the first time because I didn't want to carry a car seat. But I soon learned that sinking in a smoking boat was much worse ;)

So, if we take a land taxi - do you bother with a carseat and then haul it around Atlantis, or is it like the airport shuttle kind of vans, where I just have my 3 y.o. on my lap? Would rather not lug a carseat around, but safety is #1 priority. Thanks for the great info!

So, if we take a land taxi - do you bother with a carseat and then haul it around Atlantis, or is it like the airport shuttle kind of vans, where I just have my 3 y.o. on my lap? Would rather not lug a carseat around, but safety is #1 priority. Thanks for the great info!

I plan on taking regular land taxis when I visit Atlantis in December with my 2 year old DD. I'll be using the portable Eddie Bauer car seat so I don't have to lug a regular one around w/me. It is for children between 22 & 40 lbs.

I plan on taking regular land taxis when I visit Atlantis in December with my 2 year old DD. I'll be using the portable Eddie Bauer car seat so I don't have to lug a regular one around w/me. It is for children between 22 & 40 lbs.

That's what I took. The Eddie Bauer. It folds flat in a suitecase and then I just strap it to the stroller when we aren't using it. :)

If you get one, you have to practice with it at home. It can be a lil tricky to get a tight fit.

Archived