Regulator adaptor question -- roatan, belize, cancun

harshguy

We are taking a cruise with ports we will be diving in at Roatan, Belize & Cancun. I was trying to figure out if our DIN regulators would work there or if I had to find some kind of adaptor. I've emailed the dive shops we were thinking of using, but no reponse so far. Does anyone know if the rental tanks at these locations are "DIN friendly"?

We are taking a cruise with ports we will be diving in at Roatan, Belize & Cancun. I was trying to figure out if our DIN regulators would work there or if I had to find some kind of adaptor. I've emailed the dive shops we were thinking of using, but no reponse so far. Does anyone know if the rental tanks at these locations are "DIN friendly"?

I can't remember seeing a tank set up for a din in the Caribbean, unless they email you from all three places you plan to dive personally I would bring the adapter just to be sure. Most tanks (at least in Cozumel I know for sure) are filled at a central facility and they may have tanks I don't know about.

I can't remember seeing a tank set up for a din in the Caribbean, unless they email you from all three places you plan to dive personally I would bring the adapter just to be sure. Most tanks (at least in Cozumel I know for sure) are filled at a central facility and they may have tanks I don't know about.

I have, but only in Cozumel at a couple of dive operators who cater to advanced divers and offer large steel tanks. They are Aldora and Liquid Blue.

The standard for scuba tanks in the Caribbean/Gulf of Mexico is the 80 cf aluminum tank with a yoke valve and I think that is what you should expect. I'll echo the above advice and recommend bringing your own adaptor.

Thanks for the replies ...I guess I'll look for an adaptor for our gear. We're pretty new to this so not sure all that is available, I'm assuming it's a "global" adaptor or something? We all (myself, my wife and son) have Aqualung Legend LX ACD regs.

Thanks for the replies ...I guess I'll look for an adaptor for our gear. We're pretty new to this so not sure all that is available, I'm assuming it's a "global" adaptor or something? We all (myself, my wife and son) have Aqualung Legend LX ACD regs.

You could check with local dive shops and they are available on ebay or plenty of other internet sights.

On the page of this link to Scuba Toys, you'll find a Poseidon adapter and it's the one I use. I even bought it from them. It works great on my Aqua Lung Titan so I imagine it work equally as well on the Legend.

http://www.scubatoys.com/store/search_results.asp?iLevel=1&txtsearchParamCat=ALL&txtsearchParamMan=ALL&txtsearchParamVen=ALL&txtsearchParamType=ALL&txtFromSearch=fromSearch&txtsearchParamTxt=din+adapter&Submit=Search

Archived