Power Adapter for Pride of Hawaii

TDSeest

For any of you getting ready to cruise the Pride of Hawaii (Jade), if you want to use your laptop anywhere on the ship (besides your cabin), you should purchase the following power adapter. This adapter works in any of the "European" outlets on the ship, and will allow you to use your laptop anywhere on the ship.

You can go to Radio Shack and purchase the "Grounded Adaptor Plug Universal to the Cont. Europe", which has a UPC Bar Code number of "46914-20097". I did this at our first stop this week, as the adaptor I've used on the Dawn, Spirit, and Sun did not work. This is because my previous adaptor was not grounded.

Fortunately, most of the Hawaii stops have a Radio Shack close to port so I was able to get there quickly, and gain mobility again.

For anyone cruising next week (12th), I purchased extra and have 5 spares with me that I can give you to use while you are on the ship.

Just look for a Fat Man with a laptop working in the life styles room, or in the Blue Lagoon late at night, and I'll be happy to either loan you one, give you one, or charge you the $11.00 Radio Shack charged me for the part.

I hope this helps people that will be cruising on the ship in the future.

These ships also have a plug in the room that you can use to charge up your battery before you head off to the computer room. Of course, if you are going to spend hours, your battery may not make it.

Also, I have found that you MIGHT find a U.S. type plug somewhere in the computer room if you look hard enough. During my last trip on the Spirit my battery was getting low (forgot to charge it) and found a plug under one of the tables that worked fine.

• 5 months later...

What would I need on the Spirit and is internet access available in cabins? If not where on the ship? I have wireless but am also bringing ethernet cord so I don't have to put a deposit on one this time.

this thread happens to be about the Pride of Hawaii,but

The Spirit has wirelss in certain public places. They will tell you onboard (it might have changed).

They do not have inroom ethernet access.

Charges are same on wireless or ethernet/wired.

It is ALWAYS a good idea to have a cable with you. They only wiegh an ounce.

Archived