Hawksbill Beach - Clothing Optional?

JMagnolia

Hi All,

Has anyone been to Hawksbill Beach? My partner wants to visit as many clothing optional beaches as possible on our cruise in January - okay, I do too :-)

Has anyone been to Hawksbill beach in Antigua? I'd appreciate any advice. Thanks!

JMagnolia

Yes we were there last year and are going again this Jan. They have 4 beaches there and the last one is CO. It is a beautiful resort. You can rent beach chairs but you can't get anything to eat unless you do the all-inclusive for the day. Bring a little something to eat. What boat and what date will you be there?

We will be there Jan. 15th on the NCL Pearl. When we were there, the CO section(Eden Beach), there were only about 6 people there. Water is very calm but a little rocky, but there was a section when you first get there that was nice to get in. I'm sure you will enjoy it.

• 2 weeks later...

Beachbum1944, I'm not clear on how the chair rental for Eden Beach works. I've read that chairs can be rented at the front desk in the lobby, and also that the beach is some distance from there. I'm hoping we don't have to haul the chairs all the way out there.

My apologies if this comes across as a dumb question. Usually, chair rentals are in the immediate vicinity, like at Dickinson Beach.

Doc

the thing about eden beach is that this is a very secluded beach. call it a deserted beach. it isnt a commercial beach and the hotel that owns the property that is where the beach is located has no interest in turning the beach into anything remotely like orient bay or dickenson bay. this beach is perfect as a clothing optional beach as it is so deserted. you will have to walk with beach chairs a good 5 minutes or more to get to the beach, and you won't find bars and other "services" there. why do people have to have beach chairs anyway? a towel on a beach is more natural, and natural is what people are shooting for at a "naturist" beach isn't it? to me it is always sooooo lovely to see a beach without all that cr@p. five minutes ago i came from castaways beach where there were hundreds of plastic lounges piled high in anticipation of the hoards arriving. once they are all lined up all over the beach... you lose the feel of a caribbean beach imho. you feel like you are in europe or miami. i just hope and wish that the government and tourism officials understand that we need to keep one or two of the islands many beaches undeveloped and more natural.

When we were there last year, we paid for the chairs in the main lobby. The chairs were allready out there. We didn't have to carry them there. As Antiguan said it is only a 5 min. walk to Eden beach and worth every min. of that walk. If you want to be away from the hustle-bustle of the other beaches then this is the beach for you. I find it hard on my bottom sitting on a towel and enjoy the comfort of having a beach chair.

I'm aware that this is a secluded, non-commercial beach, and it's exactly why I want to go there. I also have trouble sitting on the ground so I end up lying on the towel which prevents me from enjoying the surroundings. I kind of figured the chairs were already out there and wanted to pay for them properly.

This beach, along with a couple of deserted ones on St. John that we're hiking to, are going to be the high points of the trip for me.

Thanks for the responses!

Doc

Archived