Carnival Freedom arrives in Miami

scejas

That's a great picture! Too bad none of the Miami webcams were working today, so I could see all of them in port. I did check out the cams on the Freedom and Valor though and could watch the Valor and Victory sail away. I felt like I was right on the bridge of the Valor as she sailed into open water. Very cool!:D

You also peaked mine, and probably others, interests. Do you have website addresses for the Miami and Freedom cameras?

Article and short video..although the newscaster had some bad info on Freedom's current sailing. She said 7 days..its currently 4 days..then a United way cruise. Then on Nov 17th it starts is normal 7 day cruises East and West.

http://cbs4.com/local/Carnival.Cruise.Lines.2.565705.html

Carnival Lets "Freedom" Sail

MIAMI (CBS4) ― Carnival Cruise Lines is letting "Freedom" sail Monday. The cruise lines latest vessel accommodates 2,974 passengers and is set to embark on a four-day western cruise before regular service begins on November 17th.

Freedom, which initially sailed from Civitavecchia, Italy to Miami plans to sail seven-day eastern and western Caribbean cruises out of the Port of Miami through April 2008.

While waiting to board ship, passengers can enjoy two new state-of- the-art terminals that house up to 4,000 travelers, including a VIP Lounge and two guest check-in desks.

Cruise enthusiasts looking to test both the eastern and western seas can look forward to destinations to San Juan, Puerto Rico; St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands, and St. Maarten, Netherlands Antilles.

The western Caribbean itinerary will take eager sea dwellers to calls at Cozumel, Mexico; Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands, and Ocho Rios, Jamaica.

Before voyagers even arrive at the dream locations, 1,487 staterooms, 22 lounges and bars, a 14,500-square-foot health and fitness center, four swimming pools and numerous eateries and dinning amenities are at their disposal.

Cellular phone service, wireless internet access, concerts and other entertainment aboard will also keep passengers busy while sailing the Caribbean seas.

Freedom, which will only depart from Miami, returns to Europe in May 2008.

Great picture.

My wife and I went down to the port Sunday night also to see the Freedom. What a beautiful day it was in S. Florida. It was nice to watch the Valor and Victory sail away along with the 3 other ships in port. We did get to see the Freedom move upto the terminal from where she was originally parked.

That answers my question! I was wondering why she was sitting there overnight and no one onboard. I noticed her there on Sunday as the port was unusually FULL, and when she didn't leave the rest of the gang, I started wondering what was up. She was still there this morning....I can see all of the ships out my aft deck with my morning coffee, and when I see one that didn't leave port, it always makes me wonder if something went wrong or if there was one of those ship-wide virus outbreaks. When I went back out on the aft deck around sunset, she was gone. Thanks for solving my curiosity. :D

We are going on her Saturday for the 1st 7day. 30 of us in 13 cabins. 10 kids from 5-16 and adults from late 30's to early 70's. Will be able to post a great review from all angles. Any ideas for San Juan with so many kids and only inport form 5pm to midnight?:D

You also peaked mine, and probably others, interests. Do you have website addresses for the Miami and Freedom cameras?

The links that scejas listed are the ones for the ships, and the one for the Miami cams is http://live6.truelook.com/face/newface.jsp?func=live&name=/ecodb/wachovia&overlay=default&skin=default&useapplet=false&time=1090803886728&width=640&height=480&quality=65&catalogname=catalog&preset=Miami_Herald/PLAY__________/Cruise+Port+ship+docks

Right now I can't get it to work, so maybe someone has a more "current" one. Hope this helps!

I guess its standard operating procedure to do a short cruise before the first 7-day .... maybe give the crew sometime to adjust ?

does Carnival do pre inagurals like Royal Caribbean...we were on Liberty of the Seas' maiden voyage and it was 7 nights...the crew and the ship were running perfectly, likely in large part to the time they spent doing pre inag's a couple weeks before

does Carnival do pre inagurals like Royal Caribbean...we were on Liberty of the Seas' maiden voyage and it was 7 nights...the crew and the ship were running perfectly, likely in large part to the time they spent doing pre inag's a couple weeks before

Yes they do...you do realize that Freedom has been sailing since March of this year.

[quote name='CruzinCooks']We are going on her Saturday for the 1st 7day. 30 of us in 13 cabins. 10 kids from 5-16 and adults from late 30's to early 70's. Will be able to post a great review from all angles. Any ideas for San Juan with so many kids and only inport form 5pm to midnight?:D[/quote]

I was on a similar iten. on the Liberty -- it seemed that mostly rest. and clubs were open ... some were pricey but were good... when I went it was Dec. so they had an awesome area that was decorated.

remember there is always Monday Night Football on the big screen when you get back -- lol

Archived