Did you like the Appleton Estate Rum Tour through Carnival?

ok31

My DH is set on going to the Appleton Estate Rum Tour offered by Carnival. I have read several threads that included the Appleton Estate as a small portion of their excursion, but this is a 6.5 hour excursion of only the Estate. I plan on taking my kids (6 years and 7 months) as well as my mom to Sunset Beach Resort. Will we be missing out on someting? Has anyone else taken this excursion?

My DH is set on going to the Appleton Estate Rum Tour offered by Carnival. I have read several threads that included the Appleton Estate as a small portion of their excursion, but this is a 6.5 hour excursion of only the Estate. I plan on taking my kids (6 years and 7 months) as well as my mom to Sunset Beach Resort. Will we be missing out on someting? Has anyone else taken this excursion?

I went on the Appleton Estate Rum Tour offered by Carnival in September, 2006. My group throughly enjoyed the tour. We chose the tour mostly because we wanted to see some of the interior of Jamaica and we did. The bus trip was very interesting. The visit to Appleton Estate Rum Factory was also interesting and fun. (Lots of rum sampling and a good lunch) However my group was all adults. I would not take children on this tour. The bus ride is long and they would not find anything of interest at the Rum Factory. I took my 10 year old grandson to Sunset Beach in May, 2007. We had a great time! He loved it and the resort was great. I recommend Sunset Beach as the best place to go with the children. (You and your Mom will enjoy it as well.)

Have fun!

Archived