St. Thomas 1/2 day sail

CCATS

I took the full day sail with them this past Aug.It was great and we want to do it again next year .THey are right at the dock you don't have to take a taxi which saves money. We went to two different places to snorkle, the first place we had the whole place to ourselves.Gary went out with us to show us everything he found star fish,puffer fish and alot more.The next spot Gail went out with us.I would reccomend them.:)

:)

I took the full day sail with them this past Aug.It was great and we want to do it again next year .THey are right at the dock you don't have to take a taxi which saves money. We went to two different places to snorkle, the first place we had the whole place to ourselves.Gary went out with us to show us everything he found star fish,puffer fish and alot more.The next spot Gail went out with us.I would reccomend them.:)

Thanks for the info. We're doing only the a.m., though we do have to take a 5-min. cab ride to Vendor's Plaza to meet them. They'll take us in a dinghy to the boat. :)

We'll be in St. Thomas 11/23. Has anyone taken Jolly Mon's afternoon half-day sail? Would appreciate feedback on the tour. Thanks, CCATS.:)

Can you give me more info on this tour? How long? How much does it cost? Lunch, snacks or drinks included? Do you need a certain ammount of people to run the tour? Thanks

cruisingbooboo The full day sail was from 9-4 .There were four of us, but they will take up to 6.The cost was 500.00 for the 4 of us. It includes snacks ,we had cheese ,crackers,veggieand fruit.THey had rum punch,and other drinks I don't remember if they had beer.The lunch they made while we were snorkling it was Jamican spice chicken,fresh mango,coleslaw,fried planten(spelling was like bananas)beans and rice salad and home made rum cake.

Hi Justsea,

Thanks for all the info. that seems like a reasonable price . Was that for a 1/2 day or full day? How many other passengers were there? Did they pick you up in Charlotte Amailie?

Thanks!

I'm interested in Rhumba too but I just read the cab ride for 2 is over $50.00 plus the $230.00 for the sail=:(

Cruisingbooboo

It was a full day sail 7 hours and it was just the four of us.They pick you up at Charlotte amella. You can see there boat when you dock, all you have to do is walk to the end of the pier and walk through the fenced area. They have a dingy that they take you out in.If you go out on any snorkeling trip make sure you put lots of sunblock on your back, my daughter and I found out the hard way.Our backs got second degree burns on them.:mad: We loved this trip it was so neat to have the first snorkel area all to ourselves.:) We got to see so much.IF you give me your email I could send you some pics as I don't know how to post them here.

HI Justsea... I am also intersted in Jolly MOn... I emailed them a cpuple of days ago and they havent got back yet? Could you email me some pix? my email is villasofd@yahoo.co.uk I would be very grateful. The lunch sounds wonderful. Dis you find them attentive and the snorkelling good wuality and dod you have a beach stop? I have read that the bext snorkelling is off Red Hook side but the taxi pits me off also, family of 4 around $100 with tip:eek: .

Thanks for your help

Hollyanna

I highly recommend them! My family of 4 went on the morning trip with them

back in April. They picked us up right at the bow of our ship, just went through the fence and around and Gary was there with the dingy. We paid

$75pp if I am remembering correctly.

We sailed over by Buck Island and Gail went in with us. Wonderful snorkeling!

Definitely take a t-shirt or something to wear in the water. The sun will

get your back.

We had snacks and drinks. Gail makes a mean rum punch:)

Hollyanna,

We (DH, myself and 15 yo son) sailed with Jolly Mon just last week and it was a great time. It was really nice not to have to take a cab since the boated is moored right in the harbor.

We did the half day sail that which I believe was $75 per person. It was well worth it. It was open bar (after snorkeling of course) with snacks. It was by far some of the best snorkeling we've done. We had the place to ourselves for almost the entire time..............and then the "cattle" boats came.

I would highly recommend Jolly Mon to anyone looking to escape the crowds. Sometimes e-mails are slow so don't give up or better yet give Gayle a call she is really sweet.

Jodi

Jodster...thanks for your insight to Jolly Mon. I am pleased you had a great day! I personally have never snorkled, slight phobia about head under water etc due to a childhood prank, you get the picture I am sure! My boys and DH love to snorkel and I would love to join them and have promised this time I will try:eek: .. so would this be a good choice and would I be impressed do you think! Is the boat nice also, sorry for the questions. Hollyanna

Hollyanna,

I am new to snorkeling and am actually have a phobia about water too. In fact everyone else just jumped right into 30 - 40 feet of water but I couldn't bring myself to do it so Gayle was really sweet and put the ladder in just for me. There was another couple on our sail.......the husband was like a fish in water but his wife was scared of it so she just stayed on the boat and sunned and had rum punch. In my opinion you could still enjoy yourself regardless if you snorkel. It's just really about relaxing and having

fun.

Gayle's first mate (Drew) also was the guide that took us snorkeling and he was really patient and made sure that we all stayed together and also pointed out lots of sea life.

We have been on other day sails and this was by far the best snorkeling we have ever done. Since it's a 1/2 day sail you don't get the lunch that others typically serve but I really didn't miss that. For us it was a huge convenience to just walk off the ship down the pier and jump into Gayle's dinghy to the Jolly Mon.

The boat is a classic sail boat with a canopy you can sit under. You can also sit up on the deck. It's not a luxury vessel but a classic sailboat. There should be pictures of it on the web site. I think you would have a great time. Gayle and Drew were really great with my son who is 15. He had an absolute blast and says that was his favorite day of the whole cruise.

Hope this helps,

Jodi

Cruisingbooboo

It was a full day sail 7 hours and it was just the four of us.They pick you up at Charlotte amella. You can see there boat when you dock, all you have to do is walk to the end of the pier and walk through the fenced area. They have a dingy that they take you out in.If you go out on any snorkeling trip make sure you put lots of sunblock on your back, my daughter and I found out the hard way.Our backs got second degree burns on them.:mad: We loved this trip it was so neat to have the first snorkel area all to ourselves.:) We got to see so much.IF you give me your email I could send you some pics as I don't know how to post them here.

Hi Justsea, Please send me some photos to mcoleman88@hotmail.com

Thanks

Thank you once again Jodi. I still have not got a reply from Jolly Mon (3 days now) but got one from Island Girl, the other that meets you at the gang plank at Charlotte Amelie. There's is the green yacht. They have power snorkel gear which could be fun, same price as Jolly MOn. I will maybe give Gayle a call later so I can decide on the two.

Glad I am not on my own with the water phobia thing:eek:

Thanks again for all your help:)

Hollyanna

JUst heard from Jolly mon - they have a half day booked already so only half day 12.45 available. I will think about it as really wanted full day. Gayle was very apologetic about taking so long but computor been in for repair. Hollyanna

HI Justsea... I am also intersted in Jolly MOn... I emailed them a cpuple of days ago and they havent got back yet? Could you email me some pix? my email is villasofd@yahoo.co.uk I would be very grateful. The lunch sounds wonderful. Dis you find them attentive and the snorkelling good wuality and dod you have a beach stop? I have read that the bext snorkelling is off Red Hook side but the taxi pits me off also, family of 4 around $100 with tip:eek: .

Thanks for your help

Hollyanna

Can you give me Jolly Mon's email? I am interested in sailing w/ him in Feb.

Thanks

Hi cruisinbooboo - the email address is www.jollymonstthomas.com.

Have a great time if you get booked and let us know how you liked it!:) Hollyanna

I'm so torn! I really want a full day ( secured 1 w/ Rhumba) but then I heard taxi to Red Hook is $50.00 R/T:mad:

So then I thought Jolly Mon, but they only have a half day... what should I do???

We did the half day with Island Girl last week. It was fun. I had never snorkeled before and Captain Mike's daugher, Ariel, kept an eye on me and gave me some good pointers. The scooters are a great bonus on this trip too. We enjoyed ourselves and I would recommend it.

• 1 month later...
Hollyanna,

I am new to snorkeling and am actually have a phobia about water too. In fact everyone else just jumped right into 30 - 40 feet of water but I couldn't bring myself to do it so Gayle was really sweet and put the ladder in just for me. There was another couple on our sail.......the husband was like a fish in water but his wife was scared of it so she just stayed on the boat and sunned and had rum punch. In my opinion you could still enjoy yourself regardless if you snorkel. It's just really about relaxing and having

fun.

Gayle's first mate (Drew) also was the guide that took us snorkeling and he was really patient and made sure that we all stayed together and also pointed out lots of sea life.

We have been on other day sails and this was by far the best snorkeling we have ever done. Since it's a 1/2 day sail you don't get the lunch that others typically serve but I really didn't miss that. For us it was a huge convenience to just walk off the ship down the pier and jump into Gayle's dinghy to the Jolly Mon.

The boat is a classic sail boat with a canopy you can sit under. You can also sit up on the deck. It's not a luxury vessel but a classic sailboat. There should be pictures of it on the web site. I think you would have a great time. Gayle and Drew were really great with my son who is 15. He had an absolute blast and says that was his favorite day of the whole cruise.

Hope this helps,

Jodi

Jodi-

Thanks for the info. Curious - the other sailings you mentioned...were they the similar 6 person boats from red hook? Debating between full day from out there and half day right from the ship. I heard its not as nice of sail from Crown Bay as it is from Red Hook... would love advice from someone that has done both.

Thank you!

Archived