laptops on Valor

gettin outta here

Not sure if you will be able to use it in your cabin (someone else will verify) but the charge for using your own computer is the same as for using Carnival's. Whether you can use it in your room or not, I still would want to take my own computer. Using your own though allows you to download email to your email client, sign on, compose replies, sign back on to send and save the amount of time on-line. Speed of service will most likely be slower than you are used to, especially if you try to sign on during peak times. Plus you can download and view photos from your digital camera without waiting to get home.

Costs and more details about internet service listed at this Carnival FAQ. http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/On_Board_Internet_Cafes.aspx

I just got off Valor (its a really nice ship BTW) and when I attemped to sign onto the network they wanted our folio number to log in. We assumed that they would charge us and seeing as I wasnt willing to pay so I didnt go anyfurther. HTH!

I have had my computer on the Valor and Victory and had WiFi in the cabin. It was really nice being able to download pic's, watch a movie on the flight down and back, rub my freinds nose in it:D . It isn't a huge pain to deal with either. I bought a Targa backpack and use it as my carryon.

Not sure if you will be able to use it in your cabin

The Valor was the very first ship to have shipboard WIFI, it was built that way, you will have full wifi from anywhere onboard even in your cabins.

To the OP the answer is Yes, you will need to pay for internet access whether you have a laptop or not.

Fred

Archived