Boatswain's Beach - Cayman Turtle Farm - Transportation???

colemkr

Hello there,

We are coming in on the Enchantment of the Seas and are looking to go to the Turtle Farm for the day. We have a toddler and this is the best place we have found to go for the day.

I just called them to find out the best way to get there and she said just to take one of the tour busses from the dock for the turtle farm and we can upgrade to the whole resort package when we get there. She didn't say how much this was?

Anyone that has gone there for the day have any more information? I just want to make sure we know what we are getting into before we head out.

Thanks!

I'm curious about transportation to Boatswain's too. We also will be visiting w/ our toddler & think this is a good choice for the day. We were considering taking a bus (bus stop not far from port); but I'm not sure that's a good idea since our little one will be with us. Maybe someone will have other suggestions.

I went to the turtle farm in Feb but it was with a tour. I am doing it this next week on my own.....I will let you know how it goes when I get back.

I am curious to know too. We are thinking about getting a cab or bus there instead of doing it through the ship.

Thanks!

We did the turtles on the tour offered through carnival but the tour also included hell and short stops at 7 mile beach and the govenor's house. The buses were full except for the flip-down extra seats, so I am wondering how you would get back if you went on a tour bus. Maybe you could arrange for the driver to come back for you after his last tour, I know that 3 people got dropped off at the beach on the way back to the ship and our driver said he would come back in a couple hours for them. There are also lots of bus stops along the road.

• 2 weeks later...

Since there was only 3 of us we had a hard time getting a taxi. Everyone right at the port wanted a minimum of 4 people. However we did find a taxi driver, Frank Ebanks, and he was awesome! He took us to the turtle farm, went in with us and got us a 10 per person discount! and then waited for us. Then took us to the beach, Royal Palms, and asked what time we wanted him to come back for us. He was there waiting for us as we came off the beach. We paid him 60.00 for the trip and it was worth every penny of it. So, how do you find Frank? Good question....I have bought jewelry in Columbian Emeralds a few times and we headed that way. Frank was holding an advertising sign just outside the hotel next to the jewerly store. Ask for him....they all seem to know each other and he is a native.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask.....since I am not cruising again soon it would probably be best to email me at mindycm@comcast.net

We caught a cab after we got off the ship and there was another couple standing there that wanted to go to the turtle farm also. It cost us 12 pp and she took us to the turtle farm and went in with us to get our tickets which were 10 pp. She said she'd wait a half hour for us. We could've used more time. The 10 only got us into half of the park. We were able to see the turtles and pick them up and we listened to an educational talk. It was very interesting. She dropped us off at 7 mile beach and we had to catch another cab back to the ship when we were ready. The 7 mile beach was crowded so we walked down to the hotel area. However the hotel (westin) wouldn't rent us a chaise lounge except $117 a day. We paid $10 for a cabana but couldn't get a chair so that didn't work too well.

Archived