Grand Turk Semi Submersible -DETAILS please

pmetiv

We really want to do the semi-submersible excursion in Grand Turk but I can't seem to find details information about it. :confused:

- Is it worth it? it's now $50 for an hour.

- Can you really see the 7000ft wall? :rolleyes:

- was it smelly and clostrophobic? (some people mention this for other port of call)

- Do you remember the time of departure on this excursion? Where do you get on?

Thanks for your help! This forum is the best! :)

Pierre

• 3 weeks later...

I went on this excursion last summer. We did the semi-sub and snorkeling. My 13 year old son picked this excursion. We had never been in a semi sub so it was interesting. We didnt feel claustrophobic at all. There were not many fish to see but the highlight was seeing the dropoff. The semi sub goes very slow so you have alot fo time to see the dropoff. There are two sides on the semi sub. One side sees it first and then they go back so the other side sees it. The snorkeling part wasnt so great compared to other snorkel sights but at the suggestion of others I stopped snorkeling and just floated in the beautful blue water to just soak up the atmosphere. I would recommend this excursion because there really isnt alot to do in Grand Turk.

You get on a boat near the ship that takes you to the semi sub. About a 15 minute ride.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived