Ariel Tram and Canopy Tour

Ants Girl

Hi, can someone give a review of the Ariel Tram and Canopy Tour excursion? This is the new Canopy Tour that also involves a Ariel Tram ride (to get to the zip line). There are a lot of posts on the older canopy tour but I can not find any on the newer one.

Thanks

Ant's Girl

hi, I went on this 2 weeks ago. the guide was very informative about the rainforest. The tram ride can take about 20-30 min. both ways because we stop to let people on. I picked St. Lucia's canopy tour over the other islands because I trust the people more and I heard that there was ALOT of hiking on the other islands. Esp. Antigua's. This zipline tour has some hiking at the end, but not that much. I don't know if I would do the aerial tram by itself. I think that they have another aerial tram on the island that might be better. The view is nice and there is a lot to see, but I wouldn't pay to do just the tram at this site. but if you are doing the canopy tour and you do not want to hike up and down mountains, definately do this one!

As far as the ziplines, they were great! Since I am afraid of falling (not heights, but falling-wierd), I thought that I would be afraid but I wasn't. We had 2 guides for the zips and they were very personable and I trusted them completely. We had a blast!

• 3 weeks later...
Redjellybean-

How many zip lines did you do on this tour? Did you book through the ship or do it independently? I'm trying to decide between this one (with the tram) and the other site at Dennery (?). If you did it independtly, how did you get there?

We also can't decide which one to do for our cruise Jan 10th. Is your cruise before then? Thanks-Jean

• 1 month later...

We just returned from our Galaxy trip and booked this through the cruise ship. The driver that we had going up was phenomenal, he knew the road perfectly and it was a very gentle ride up with a nice description of the areas we were passing. Once we got to the park, they fitted us with all the equipment we needed for the ziplines and stored our stuff in lockers before boarding the tram(gondola). The tour guide gave a wonderful description on both the way up and back and answered lots of questions for us. There is a short hike down (10 minutes, very easy) down to the first zipline platform with a total of 10 ziplines. The last line is very long with no need to break (stop yourself for the platform) so people could spin or do tricks. Then there is a slightly longer hike back to the tram (about 20 minutes) with cold water waiting for us before we rode back down. Then we were offered either juice or rum punch (also more water) and had time to browse before driving back to the ship. The driver dropped off 1 couple at a shopping place on the way back before dropping the rest of us off. We thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience.

• 2 months later...

The ziplines with the tram is the one my dh and I are looking into as well. We are dying to hear more about this. Do you get to see the pitons on the ride? Is the hiking intense? Has anyone done both this zipline and the one at Dennery? Are there independent tours that do this without having to go through the ship?

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone tell me which place is the one with the trams, and which is without? and i see frank's for the dennery zip (no tram, i think?) but where can i book (not going through the cruise line) for the one with the tram? The tram one looks more interesting, no?

Thanks!!

Can anyone tell me which place is the one with the trams, and which is without? and i see frank's for the dennery zip (no tram, i think?) but where can i book (not going through the cruise line) for the one with the tram? The tram one looks more interesting, no?

Thanks!!

I am looking for the same information! :)

We just returned from our cruise, where we did the tram & zip lines. The ticket I have says it's called the "Rain Forest Sky Rides St. Lucia".

We had a wonderful day. The grounds are beautiful, the guides were very well versed on the plants, animals and history of their island. Our main guide, Peterman, was so full of information, that he talked about the rain forest and island the entire trip up and down the mountain. We went in groups of 8, and he knew all of our names and made sure that we all had turns going first on the zip lines. There is a short (easy) walk to the first zip line platform. There is a little longer walk (uphill) back to the tram. Both Peterman and Nicholas (our zip line "catcher") made sure we were having a good time. We had water at the end of the walk back to the tram, and rum punch at the bottom of the tram ride. The tram ride was so smooth, and quiet. It was really a nice trip all around.

We just returned from our cruise, where we did the tram & zip lines. The ticket I have says it's called the "Rain Forest Sky Rides St. Lucia".

We had a wonderful day. The grounds are beautiful, the guides were very well versed on the plants, animals and history of their island. Our main guide, Peterman, was so full of information, that he talked about the rain forest and island the entire trip up and down the mountain. We went in groups of 8, and he knew all of our names and made sure that we all had turns going first on the zip lines. There is a short (easy) walk to the first zip line platform. There is a little longer walk (uphill) back to the tram. Both Peterman and Nicholas (our zip line "catcher") made sure we were having a good time. We had water at the end of the walk back to the tram, and rum punch at the bottom of the tram ride. The tram ride was so smooth, and quiet. It was really a nice trip all around.

Thank you so much for responding to our many questions on this excursion! Did you do this through the ship? What cruise line were you on?

We booked it through Royal Caribbean. I know we paid more than if we had gone on our own, but I had read that they have a contract with the cruise lines. I figured that we could probably take a taxi there, but they may be full or we might have to wait to fill a tour. Booking through the ship includes the transportation to and from the rain forest.

We booked the 8:00 am trip, and we were the first trip out that day. It was nice, because we didn't have to wait for other groups in front of us, and it seemed like we had that place to ourselves for a while. It's a very peaceful place, aside from the screeming of those zipping at the time. :) It was a good day.

We booked it through Royal Caribbean. I know we paid more than if we had gone on our own, but I had read that they have a contract with the cruise lines. I figured that we could probably take a taxi there, but they may be full or we might have to wait to fill a tour. Booking through the ship includes the transportation to and from the rain forest.

We booked the 8:00 am trip, and we were the first trip out that day. It was nice, because we didn't have to wait for other groups in front of us, and it seemed like we had that place to ourselves for a while. It's a very peaceful place, aside from the screeming of those zipping at the time. :) It was a good day.

Thanks again for the info!

The dh and I are going to book this one through the ship also. There just doesn't seem to be enough info out there to go and do it on our own. We'll be sure to post when we get back!

Archived