Cruising to Hawaii

rnjune

We would like to cruise Hawaii on either Royal Caribbean or Celebrity in 2009. We are NOT INTERESTED in NCL. We would like to fly to Hawaii from the east coast and sail back to the west coast. We are concerned about the waters in the Pacific. We would appreciate your feedback, suggestion or recommendations.

NJRN

You'll need to look for a one-way repositioning cruise either from Honolulu to Ensenada, Mexico or Honolulu to Vancouver, BC.

RCCL has a 10 night Honolulu to Vancouver BC cruise in April 2009 on Rhapsody of the Seas. Also a 10 night Honolulu to Vancouver BC cruise in May 2008 on Radiance of the Seas.

Celebrity has a 12 night Honolulu to Ensenada, Mexico cruise in April 2009 on the Millenium. Also a 12 night Honolulu to Ensenada cruise in March 2008 on Mercury.

Your only other choices for Hawaii to the mainland are the Tahitian Princess (10 night Honolulu to Vancouver in May 2008) or Carnival Spirit (either a 12 night Honolulu to Vancouver in May 2008 or a 12 night Honolulu to Ensenada in October 2008).

If you are set on RCCL or Celebrity you might also consider the 14 or 15 night roundtrip Hawaii sailings from San Diego or LA.

We would like to cruise Hawaii on either Royal Caribbean or Celebrity in 2009. We are NOT INTERESTED in NCL. We would like to fly to Hawaii from the east coast and sail back to the west coast. We are concerned about the waters in the Pacific. We would appreciate your feedback, suggestion or recommendations.

NJRN

Hello,

I suggest that you look at repositioning cruises that include Hawaii. Further, keep in mind that you may save a lot of money by flying round trip from the east coast to San Diego or Los Angeles, as both of these ports have several 15 day cruises round trip to Hawaii.

Hope that this helps.

Fred

We sailed a couple of years ago on Celebrity from Long Beach to Hawaii round trip. We loved having 4 sea days each way.I have huge seasickness problems and did have a day of seasickness,but that was it for the whole 2 week cruise. I even did acupuncture on board and that helped a little. It is a lovely cruise. Coleridge:)

NJRN

NJRN

We did the round trip on Princess and had 9 sea days total. We had no problems with feeling sick. I did take my ginger capsules once a day. I recommend the round trip. You only stop in Ensenada for a few hours to satisfy the foreign port requirement. If you only do one way you either have to start in Ensenada or end in Ensenada. The cruise line shuttles you but I don't think I would like that.

NJRN

Check with Princess, they used to do a repo Hawaii, Vancouver.

john

Love the 15 days on Princess, our first cruise and the sea was like glass all but day 2 and even that was piece of cake. Love having 4 days at sea before you return home and there is so much to do or you do nothing. We plan to go again in 08. Our favorite cruise ever I was afraid of the ocean but there wasn't 30 seconds of this cruise we didn't love.Now I would be more afraid to fly to Hawaii.

Archived