Princess Kid's Club age restrictions and siblings

smnornes

We're sailing on the Caribbean Princess with our two kids, ages will be 7 and 8 when we go. Princess splits their kid's clubs into 3 categories...Princess Pelicans (ages 3 to 7), Shockwaves (ages 8-12), and Remix (ages 13-17).

My kids are best friends and my 7 year old will not be happy at all being stuck with the "babies" while her brother goes off with the older kids. Will they let her go with the older group and brother? Do they check ages? Do they care?

Does anyone have experience with this? Thanks!

I am not sure. You can ask, the worst thing they will say is no. I have never been on Princess so I am not sure how strict they are. I know on Carnival they had my kids ages wrong (my mom gave them the wrong birthdate) and they would not move them without a copy of their birth certificates proving they were a year older and eligible for the next level up.

When we were cruise shopping that was one of our biggest factors in picking the ship. We could have gone with Carnival for a little cheaper but we are traveling with 8, 9, 10, & 12 year old cousins. The 8 & 9 year old are best friends and the 10 & 12 year olds are too. On Carnival the 8 year old and 12 year old would have been in groups by themselves and the 9 & 10 year olds (who have nothing in common) would have been together. On Norwegian the groups are 7-9, 10-12 so it worked out perfectly for us.

I had a similar problem when I traveled with my older boys but I spoke to the people in charge of the groups and explained my situation and they let\[ my youngest son move up. That was Disney and we were cruising off season so that might have made a difference.

WOW I am actually shocked that Princess divides the ages like that. On every cruiseline we have ever been on, my kids have ALWAYS been divided from each other, one is 3, the other is 7. Those ages are just too far apart developmentally.

On any other cruisleine, your kids would be together. And *usually* the cruiselines are strict about keeping the age groups. But if you ask nicely, they may allow your 7 year old to move up.

A 7 year old shouldn't be stuck with the 3 year olds anyway. That's just odd.

Archived