Legend of the Seas.. Cabin choice OK??

Linden Lea

My husband and I are taking our first cruise on RCI May, 2008 (13 day Mediterranean cruise) We didn't want to blow the budget entirely and so we booked an Interior cabin on Legend of the Seas # Q 2747.

I am concerned about the large space space around the elevators near the cabin but my TA assures me this is OK and the cabin is an excellent choice. I know deck 2 isn't the greatest neither is an interior cabin but is the location really bad...will it be very noisy etc. ??

I really need your help on this one...I would really appreciate any advice from you experienced cruisers who might know the pros (if any) and cons of this cabin choice.

Thanks

I'd not worry so much about the white space as much as I'd worry about the position of your cabin on the ship. I know you stated price is a factor, but the cat K and L cabins on the ship are an extra 11 square feet larger (a lot of space for a cruise ship cabin) for only $60 more, total. That translates to $4.62 a day for more leg room and a better location.

I'd even look into the ocean view cabins, again a lot more space and not a lot more $ when you figure in cost per diem, about $32 more per day and 154 square feet vs 138 square feet. For a short cruise, it doesn't make a lot of difference to have a small cabin, but longer cruises such as this, it can actually have quite an impact on your mental health. I know my husband and I get tired of bumping into each other constantly and the extra space is also more storage! We try our best but a larger cabin really does make for a more comfortable trip overall.

Thanks Happy KS for your advice re: cabin location.

I see you are an experienced cruiser and so I will definitely discuss your suggestions with my husband.. it does make a lot of sense to upgrade to a better cabin especially as it won't cost an arm and leg to do so.

• 2 weeks later...
My husband and I are taking our first cruise on RCI May, 2008 (13 day Mediterranean cruise) We didn't want to blow the budget entirely and so we booked an Interior cabin on Legend of the Seas # Q 2747.

I am concerned about the large space space around the elevators near the cabin but my TA assures me this is OK and the cabin is an excellent choice. I know deck 2 isn't the greatest neither is an interior cabin but is the location really bad...will it be very noisy etc. ??

I really need your help on this one...I would really appreciate any advice from you experienced cruisers who might know the pros (if any) and cons of this cabin choice.

Thanks

We're on Legend for the May 08 08 and we did the same by saving on the cabin to spend more on us !!! excursions:confused:, wine, etc etc we got on the 3rd type N 3500 series

Archived