Thanks for the Wonderful Advice *WE ARE BOOKED!

katredd

:) Just wanted to send a sincere "THANK YOU" (and I did mean to SHOUT that!) to all of you on the board who give such great advice. I just booked Harv & Marv this evening and so we are all set for our wonderful landtour and cruise next August. Thanks to all of you who guided me in the big decisions -- we'll be seeing as much great stuff as possible I think ...

Talkeetna Air Taxi Flightseeing w/ Glacier Landing

Denali Rafting Trip

Kenai Fjords Cruise

Seward SeaLife Marine Center

Godwin Glacier Dog Sled Tour

Denali - 2 nights

Rental Car in Skagway and Horseback Riding at Emerald Lake

Harv & Marv's Whale Watch

Island Wings Traitor's Cove Bear Watch

... and so much more!!!

Thanks for helping me plan the trip of a lifetime for my family!!!!:)

Sunshine Gal & gazingm42... We are doing a "hybrid".. 5 Nights/6 Days on our own with a rental car out of Anchorage so that we can go to Talkeetna and Seward and spend as much time as we want, and then we are on a Princess LandTour with 1 night in their Mt McKinley Wilderness lodge and 2 nights at Denali... then the Princess Train / Alaskan RR to Whittier to catch the Diamond Princess for 7 nights to Vancouver. I couldn't find a landtour that went to Kenai and Denali, and the boards here gave me enough confidence to book on my own for the first 5 nights. I also booked tours in port with the use of this board -- Harv & Marv's, Island Wings, and a car rental in Skagway... so we won't feel like we are moving around the ports with thousands of others (I hope anyway). We are travelling next August.

Sunshine Gal & gazingm42... We are doing a "hybrid".. 5 Nights/6 Days on our own with a rental car out of Anchorage so that we can go to Talkeetna and Seward and spend as much time as we want, and then we are on a Princess LandTour with 1 night in their Mt McKinley Wilderness lodge and 2 nights at Denali... then the Princess Train / Alaskan RR to Whittier to catch the Diamond Princess for 7 nights to Vancouver. I couldn't find a landtour that went to Kenai and Denali, and the boards here gave me enough confidence to book on my own for the first 5 nights. I also booked tours in port with the use of this board -- Harv & Marv's, Island Wings, and a car rental in Skagway... so we won't feel like we are moving around the ports with thousands of others (I hope anyway). We are travelling next August.

Great itinerary! We did about the same as you are doing on our first cruise to Alaska. We did part of a mini cruise tour and then rented a car and went on our own. After the first time to Alaska, when we realized how easy it was to rent a car and drive around Alaska we have always booked everything on our own. We saved a lot of money and have never had any problem.

Congratulations on setting up so much of your own vacation.

Have a great time.

Harv and Marv are a small locally owned team who does whale watch and photo tours out of Juneau. They run a small operation and fill up fast, but the reviews of their cruises are fantastic. If you do a search on them on this board you will find many entries talking about the experience.

Who did you book thru? Who is Harv and Marv? Thanks

And what's really funny is that neither of them is really named Harv or Marv. Their real names are Pete and Jay (anyone else just join in -- am I right with the names or just having a "senior moment"?) and each season they alternate

which one is Harv and which one is Marv!:D

P.S. It's a wonderful excursion!!

Archived