10:27am Flight, Self Debarkation?

desperatehousewife

We are looking at a flight out of Miami airport for 10:27am back to Chicago for our flight home after out Imagination cruise on 11-29.

The only other flights are in the evening!:(

We have never done the self debark thing before and are wondering if we would likely make that flight doing it this time. We will only have a carry on.

Yes-No?:confused:

Risky?

Thanks!

• Administrators
We are looking at a flight out of Miami airport for 10:27am back to Chicago for our flight home after out Imagination cruise on 11-29.

The only other flights are in the evening!:(

We have never done the self debark thing before and are wondering if we would likely make that flight doing it this time. We will only have a carry on.

Yes-No?:confused:

Risky?

Thanks!

Wow, that's an early flight. Even with self-disembarkation, if the ship happens to be 90 minutes late docking due to weather or something unforeseen, or if your ship is delayed clearing customs due to recalcitrant pax or something else, it will eat ALL your margin PDQ. I believe I'd go the "peace of mind" route and find something to do in Miami -- there is ALWAYS something to do in Miami ;) -- during the day and take the evening flight if that's all you can book at this time. Alternatively, you could book the earlier flight, but be sure you know the penalties/surcharges to switch to a different, later, flight in case you can't make the early one.

Are you docking in Miami or Ft. lauderdale? If Miami, you would "probably" make the flight if you did self debarkation. Another good reason to try and be off the ship first is to avoid the huge lines at the airport. Find the nearest cab, and RUN.

We actually made a 9:30am standby flight out of MIA, but we were at the dock at like 4am.

Good luck!

You have to Self Disembark and then take a cab, forget taking a transfer bus, that will only slow you down. They now use a Number system, make sure you go to the Pursers Deck with your Airline tickets so they can give you Luggage Tags #1.

Fred

You have to Self Disembark and then take a cab, forget taking a transfer bus, that will only slow you down. They now use a Number system, make sure you go to the Pursers Deck with your Airline tickets so they can give you Luggage Tags #1.

Fred

But if they are doing self debarkation, they won't need tags, right? I'm not sure I'd check my luggage with a 10:27am flight. Just trying to navigate around all the people in the luggage area can be a nightmare. Then again, dragging your bags off yourself isn't too fun either.

Too risky if you ask me. Everything will have to work out PERFECTLY.

Just my 2 cents.....

I tend to agree. You are coming in on Thursday. Have a leisurely breakfast on board and waltz off. Head to a beautiful So. Fla. beach and enjoy the last day of your vaca. :cool:

Or...

Taint the great cruise with a morning of stress. If you can handle that, go for it.

(Did I just say "taint")?

Not sure how its done on the Glory, on the Elaton last week, there were no Self Debark, they called the first 3 numbers and off we went.

Fred

I just got off the Spirit in San Diego, there also was no self debarking. At the Debarkmant meeting they told passengers with early flights to go to the pursers desk with their flight info, and they would be given Zone 2 tags.

Keep in mind the Miami airport is a nightmare. I hate flying in and out of Miami. Hopefully on a Thursday it won't be as bad as Saturday or Sunday.

I would also be a little nervous with that early flight. Traffic to the airport can be a nightmare also-especially in the morning.

But if the planets are aligned just right you just might make it.

Hope you have a great cruise and just be glad the "anticipation" of making your flight is on the return trip home and not on the way to the cruise.

Thanks for all the replies and advice!

Sorry if I confused and mislead.. we are cruising on 11-29 ( thurs) going home on Mon ( Dec 3).

Irrelevent, but just wanted to clarify.

We agree, and after listening to all the points made we went ahead and booked the later flight, now set for 6:57pm.:eek:

Oh well, there are worse places to be stuck in, right?

I am just worried I will run with credit card in hand back to the dock and jump on a ship...any ship that'll take me if I have to stick around to long!!

Thanks for all the advice.:)

Thanks for all the replies and advice!

Sorry if I confused and mislead.. we are cruising on 11-29 ( thurs) going home on Mon ( Dec 3).

Irrelevent, but just wanted to clarify.

We agree, and after listening to all the points made we went ahead and booked the later flight, now set for 6:57pm.:eek:

Oh well, there are worse places to be stuck in, right?

I am just worried I will run with credit card in hand back to the dock and jump on a ship...any ship that'll take me if I have to stick around to long!!

Thanks for all the advice.:)

Carnival used to offer an everglades tour, among other South Fla excursions. We took an airboat tour and really enjoyed it. Just a thought.

Archived