Question about Carnival Excursions

ladyt

Our cruise on Carnival Victory is not until May 2005, so I have ample time to plan our excursions. My question is that we we go to the Cayman Islands we would like to do the Sting Ray Sandbar excursion and the seven mile beach excursion. Because we are only on this island for a short time, and we have a specific time we need to be back on the ship how does carnival handle the lines going back to the ship? I hear that ships are tendered, and that you have to take another little boat ride off the ship to the dock, is this true? What happens if the lines to get on the little ship are long and you are late getting back to the cruise ship? We are first time cruisers and really have no idea how Carnival would handle this type of situation?

I would assume that they would have to wait for you if you purchased an excursion through the ship. Am I correct?

Also, is there really enough time to do both excursions?

Thanks. :)

What happens if the lines to get on the little ship are long and you are late getting back to the cruise ship? We are first time cruisers and really have no idea how Carnival would handle this type of situation?

I would assume that they would have to wait for you if you purchased an excursion through the ship. Am I correct?

They won't let you get into a "tender" [that's what those little boats are called] unless you could get to the ship. Also, they will wait for you if you're returning directly from a ship-sponsored tour.

Archived