Queen Victoria in Mail on Sunday in UK

K.sailaway

Come on, let's get some discussion going. I especially like the Dent & Co clock with the sweeping staircase and the Grand Lobby sculpture. The Royal Court is turning out to look remarkably like the computer renders so perhaps the other rooms will too. Not so sure about the signatures in the Library carpet though. What do others think?

K.

Come on, let's get some discussion going. I especially like the Dent & Co clock with the sweeping staircase and the Grand Lobby sculpture. The Royal Court is turning out to look remarkably like the computer renders so perhaps the other rooms will too. Not so sure about the signatures in the Library carpet though. What do others think?

K.

Hi k,

She is looking good, i also like the Royal Arcade Staircase and Clock. I wonder what the cost is to sit in a private box in the Theatre ? :confused:

I can see my Dad and myself spending time in the Queens Room (looks lovely) as he enjoys watching the dancing, he won`t take part though ,so i normally end up being dragged on by various Ladies :eek: Also of course Afternoon Tea will be served here :D

I can`t wait to see the rest in December ;)

Gavin :cool:

Hi Lanky,

Is that PP and i wonder what that includes ?

Gav

$50?

Never. Unless there are a huge number of side perks, so to speak, I'd never consider that. For the two of us, that's £50. One can (occasionally) get a front row ticket at Covent Garden for that. Or top price tickets for a concert anywhere in London - with world class artists.

Or a Cunard show?

It's a no-brainer. Buy a bottle of champagne in the bar instead.

Matthew

I too saw this article & photos and QV is looking good - Icannot wait to see her on my tour of the ship on 8 December. I am somewhat surprised that on Cunard's website for both UK & US one that there are not many photosnow of the public rooms, cabins & suites for us all to enjoy!!!

P & O's Ventura has had so much more publicity by contrast!

Kind Regards,

RJMS74

Come on, let's get some discussion going. I especially like the Dent & Co clock

Dent clocks must be back in vogue, the beautiful one at the end of the train shed at St. Pancras is stunning with its gold relief.:D

Good job the dollar is doing so well so we can BOOK A PRIVATE BOX! lol, for me the ship show is somwhere way down the list of must do's on a cruise but there are those who it is a high priority and then there are those who have to been seen as the best.

If I want a good entertaining evening I'll plump for a good event on shore.

I only wish we could choose events that cost £25! A good concert these days are around £40 plus but a box at a Cunard show is hardly going to compare with a whole evenings entertainment by top artists.

One thing I am sure of is there will be plenty of takers for the private boxes.

Before we sail on QE2 next in January we have tickets for the Led Zep concert in London - now thats what I call entertainment.:)

$50?

For the two of us, that's £50. One can (occasionally) get a front row ticket at Covent Garden for that. Or top price tickets for a concert anywhere in London - with world class artists.

Or a Cunard show?

It's a no-brainer. Buy a bottle of champagne in the bar instead.

Matthew

You are kidding right? On average it costs me between £45 - £70 pp to go to the theatre in London... and I'm paying a bit more than that to go to a concert in a couple of weeks time.

Well, in NYC a box at a Broadway Show (if there are any boxes :confused: ) would cost at least $500 and you would get no Champagne or chocs. However I think I would take Matthew's advice and run up a bar tab instead.

I also realized that according to the article the dance floor in the Queen's Rm is about the same size as my entire Manhattan Apartment.

And those "hot seats" in the spa seem to be calling me.

Lucky for me I only have to wait about 8 weeks.:D

Is that PP and i wonder what that includes ?

$50?

Never. Unless there are a huge number of side perks, so to speak

Odd. I don't consider $50 for a private box to be out of the way yet I do feel that the Grills are vastly over priced for what you get. I wonder why?:)

The Grill cabins are more expensive than QE2 when comparing the large gap from Britannia Grade cabins to the suites - then again had QE2 had another large refurbishment I am sure the fares would have increased especially for the Grill cabins. I think that the boxes in the Theater should be offered at least once to each Grill cabin passenger subject to availability and free of charge. This is something I also feel should be applied to the Spa on QE2 & free use of the thalasotherapy pool if you book a Grill cabin. On Celebirty you can use the Aqua Spa pools without charge on the Milennium class ships!

Kind Regards,

RJMS74

You are kidding right? On average it costs me between £45 - £70 pp to go to the theatre in London... and I'm paying a bit more than that to go to a concert in a couple of weeks time.

No - but you need to see something very modern to get in to the top prices at £50.

For popular Italian opera, Mozart or Wagner you're looking closer to £200.

Matthew

Odd. I don't consider $50 for a private box to be out of the way yet I do feel that the Grills are vastly over priced for what you get. I wonder why?:)

$50 for the tat put on by Cunard? I'd avoid most of it even if they were paying ME $50 to watch from a box.....

Matthew

Do you mean something that's so cheap because nobody wants to pay to go and see it?:D

Spot on!

Don't forget that a lot of people go to Covent Garden to be seen. So something like Wozzeck sells at £90 top whack. And it was superb. I saw the world premiere of "The Tempest" for £50 - centre front row. And a similar price for "Sophie's Choice" - although that was a less good seat.

On the other hand I've just paid £180 for Parsifal.....

Matthew

I'd avoid most of it even if they were paying ME $50 to watch from a box

I do avoid most of them but, just occasionally, there's something on that I'd like to see. I'd pay $50 for a box the odd time because I feel that it would make the entire evening much more of a occasion.

Archived