Looking for the "right" wrap

christina_haws

I have bought two new formal dresses for my upcoming cruise, Dec 16th-23rd on the Valor. I can't post attachments since I'm at work, but I'll give you a little background and then give you the item numbers off the Newport News website so you can take a peek.

#1 (item 9R1205) I bought in the classic red and is actually a little too big (yay! Probably will try to have it taken in a little). The matching jacket was backordered until after Christmas, so I ordered a black sweater shrug ... I don't like it with the dress.

#2 (item 9RG7478) isn't this exact dress, but the same style. Mine is the opposite colors tho, mainly black with a cream colored "tie" around the front. Haven't even tried the shrug with this one, but I didn't like it on the other, so I'm hoping to find one wrap/shrug/jacket that will coordinate with both.

I'm wearing these with peep-toe black patent heels and will decide on the bag when I figure out what type/color wrap I'm going with. I'm not crazy about pashminas, but would think about it if the color/type did something for the overall look. Any and all ideas will be considered, but please attach pics if possible so I can look at them at work :)

Thanks!

Christina

First off, Oops, I messed up on the item number for the first dress. It should be 9R01205.

I have 3 computers in my office and one won't let me go to any "non-travel" sites and the other two refuse to read the boards! So I can't look at the ones you've posted, desperatehousewife, but they're titled "Stunning satin dress" for the red and the other is "Pleated halter dress" if that helps at all when put together with my descriptions :) Unfortunately I won't be at a fully funtioning computer for a day or two.

Gotta love technology!

Christina

and I don't wear wraps...

Travelling with friends and family, if someone forgets a shawl/wrap, at least on Celebrity ships they have a $10 store with wraps in a dozen different colors. They always seem to find something they like onboard and wear it long after.

Dave:eek:

Gee I would wear my wrap but still haven't received it from the so called friend!!! ;) But its black with beading and lite weight. it would go with the black dress without the jacket perfectly adn the cream dress with the black accent

I tend to agree with MEcruzr and would try not to cover the dresses at all if possible. That having been said, if you find you do need one, I like the hand crocheted wrap best of the ones you posted. I think you should keep it as simple as possible so as to not detract from the lovely detail on both dresses.

Bonnie

Archived