Cococay....condition?

drpclarke

• 3 weeks later...

We are leaving on SOS this Friday on a 3 day cruise. I called RCCL today and asked them the status on Cocoa Cay. They stated it was open for service and that it was still listed as a stop for our cruise.

Darin

I just got back last night from the three day SOS. No Coco Cay stop for us. Staff we spoke with still didn't seem to have a clue how long it would be closed.... but perhaps they just weren't in the know and it has re-opened. About a week before our cruise I logged in to the before you board section of the rccl website to pretend like I was going to order an excursion. I saw then that the itinerary change was indicated on the schedule. You could give that a try for your dates to check it out. I've become convinced that the folks we call on the phone really aren't given much information to go on and may indeed be in the dark about much of what goes on on board.

We had Coco Cay replaced by a full overnight stay in Nassau with a departure at noon the next day and then an afternoon at sea. Given that the weather was gorgeous we really enjoyed that. Tried to swim at Atlantis on the beach however and we were chased away by the lifeguards saying that it was too dangerous. There were big waves and not a soul in sight in the water. That was a disappointment.

Hope you get to make that Coco Cay stop!

Lisa D

Pittsburgh, PA

Along with that if you check the hurricane update on their website you will notice that Cocoa Cay is not listed as being under repair any longer. I hope we make it their this weekend on our cruise. I will post it next week if we do, and let you all know the condition.

Darin

Sorry did not see this post when I made mine

Noticed same thing that hurricane report did not list CC as a place they were not going to

Please let us know condition - will be there on 11/7 - was not looking forward to a stop in Miami as that is what they had been substituting

Just back from the Sovereign. Went to Cococay yesterday. Some areas of the beach are still closed. I peeked through the fences, and they looked rough. However, the vast majority was up and looking just fine. I did not see the aqua park though, not sure if it was closed or if I just never found it.

Kim

Archived