Flight Lengths

scottie86

Hi me and my partner are looking into doing a caribbean cruise the questions i have are

Has anyone flown from bristol-Barbados if so how long is the flight?

How long is the flight from london gatwick - Barbados?

Are flights direct?

Thanks

Scottie

Don't think the p&o linked flights to Barbados go from Bristol - I live in Bristol too (inbetween Bristol and Bath - Chipping Sodbury) About 5 miles from our future kings home at Tetbury.

I have never seen flights from Bristol - would remember if I had:D

So far, always sailed from Southampton, but am thinking of my 1st Caribbean cruise in probably 2009 - as already booked 08's cruises.

What puts me off is the 8-10 hour flight in a cramped plane - so they say - unless you pay to upgrade, and more importantly the luggage weight restrictions - I'm a heavy packer - thats why I love Southampton,

May cruise from Southampton to Caribbean and back one day tough:cool:

Sue

Bath Travel in conjunction with P&O have flights out of Bournemouth and Exeter to Oceana and Arcadia in the Caribbean. The problem can be, that dependant on the aircraft used a refuelling stop is required in the good old USA. This means everyone and their baggage off the plane, go through immigration and all that involves, and re board for the last part of the flight. Some folk we have met on board were non too pleased.

Regards

Cb

Hi me and my partner are looking into doing a caribbean cruise the questions i have are

Has anyone flown from bristol-Barbados if so how long is the flight?

How long is the flight from london gatwick - Barbados?

Are flights direct?

Thanks

We have had a few flights out to Barbados but only from Manchester. They usually talk about 9 hours(from most UK airports). Some flights good others not it depends on which company the charter is from and which plane and where you are seated. You usually have the same seats on the return journey as well. If you can afford and can get one book the premium seats.

Also a Ventura 08 cruise is using Newcastle - Dai from this board is flying via Newcastle - but no good for us in Bristol - too far away!

Sue

Hi Sue,

A quick serach of the P&O Cruises website shows 3 cruises in 2008/2009 flying from Bristol. Two of them are on Ventura, one departs Bristol on 21st or 22nd November 08 and the second one departs on 27th or 28th February. With these you have the choice of flying out on the Friday and spending a night on board before sailing or flying out on the Saturday and spending a night on board in Barbados at the end.

The third cruise is on Oceana departing 23rd January 09. It's like flights from Glasgow or Edinburgh, there are some but only a couple each season. That's why we're flying back from Barbados to Gatwick after the Spirit of the Carribbean repositioning cruise next October! But we do have the bonus of a night on board in Barbados before flying home.

Happy cruising.

Eddie

I was under the impression from a previous post that you did not get off the plane when it refuels. I do so hope that is not right about having to go through American immigration. Did anyone else have to disembark during a flight. We are flying back from Acapulco to Manchester.

Archived