Looking for Guides and Drivers in Da Nang, Bangkok, etc

bra1nchild

We are looking for recommendations of drivers/guides for the Amsterdam's Grand Asia from Seattle to Singapore leaving 10/19/08. Okay, it's almost a year away and we have too much time on our hands.

Our ports include Hakodate, Miyako and Osaka, Japan; Hong Kong; Da Nang and Phu My, Vietnam; and Laem Chabang[bangkok] and Ko Samui, Thailand.

If I never see another HAL Shore Excursion or 46 passenger, I will die happy. In about 20 years. :)

Thanks to anyone with suggestions, esp. of people/companies you have used.

We are going to be in Vietnam - Saigon and Da Nang and Bangkok, Koh Samui and lots of other lovely ports in April, 2008 on Oceania's Nautica. Having been to Asia many times, we will not be needing guides for most of our Asian ports but as we haven't been to Vietnam we are using Tony of Ann Tours - tony@anntours.com

He has come highly recommended. We are sharing a couple of tours with another couple and are looking forward to the experience.

We have spent time at a resort in Koh Samui and I would advise to hire a taxi for the day and get him to take you around. It is not a big island, but it is very pretty.

Jennie

We are going to be in Vietnam - Saigon and Da Nang and Bangkok, Koh Samui and lots of other lovely ports in April, 2008 on Oceania's Nautica. Having been to Asia many times, we will not be needing guides for most of our Asian ports but as we haven't been to Vietnam we are using Tony of Ann Tours - tony@anntours.com

Thanks for the info. We'll check it out.

• 2 weeks later...
Jennie,

Our HAL cruise doesn't depart from Seattle until September 19, 2008 and arrives Singapore on October 22, so I appreciate your offer. We're just slightly anal retentive -- I'm booking the air segments tomorrow.

Thanks for the offer.

Dave

bra1nchild@hotmail.com

Dave,

I have put your email address into my Address Book. I may even send an email from the ship as I am taking my laptop with me.

Jennie

Archived